Masters program

Hi there, I wanna continue mah master program here in taiwan but idk if i am eligible as international student to apply for master program or not. Because i am married to taiwanese guy and I think i have household registration that says I can’t apply as international student. I am still confused, i am still learning 中文 但是 I don’t think it’s enough. I would appreciate any help or 可以給我any website that i can contact for this problem. 謝謝。thank you

Iiuc, you can apply as a non local student, even if you did naturalization and you are a Taiwanese citizen now. I think schools international students office, or admission office may help you.

If you have not done naturalization yet and just your marriage is registered into your spouse’s household registration, you are still a foreigner, so there may be no complication to apply as an international student.

University Act
Article 25
Persons in any of the following categories who are entering a university to study for a degree is not subject to the published admission quotas or methods referred to in the preceding article: students from any area that has suffered a major disaster, children of parents who have been assigned to work overseas by the government, students who have participated in an international academic or skills-based competition and received excellent results, students who have been awarded for their excellent sports achievements, veterans, students from Mongolia or Tibet, persons who applied for naturalization in accordance with Article 4, Paragraph 1, Subparagraphs 1 to 3 of the Nationality Act and had their application approved, overseas Chinese students, students from the Mainland Area, and foreign students.

Related articles

2 Likes

Thank you so much I really needed to hear that because I really didn’t know what to do and where to seek help. I wanna apply for spring 2021 ,once application period starts i m gonna send mah application maybe for scholarship too. Anyway Thank you so much

The degree and skills and connections you will gain may help you a lot. Good luck!

Yeah, i did ask university for more info but they said i need to authenticate mah bachelor degree certificate by ROC diplomatic mission which is impossible for me rtnow because of this epidemic covid 19.:sob:. I guess there’s no solution to this.

Why can’t you post it?

1 Like

Wait Post what?

Your degree.

if you have or can get your degree from your school, you can send it to TECO by snail mail (post office) with fee and returning envelope, to get it authenticated. You could call to TECO for details.

2 Likes

Calling TECO is the first thing to do. The procedure is probably country specific. It’s a long time since I had to do something similar, but I think I had to send the document to the authentication stamping place in London who then forwarded it through to TECO.

Ideally, if the OP has friends/family in her home country it would be better to send the degree to them and get them to have it stamped.

1 Like