Matrix Revolutions

Was Spoon Boy in it? If Spoon Boy isn’t in it, I won’t see it.

I think Spoon Boy is the only one they didn’t bring back for a reprisal of his former role.

[quote=“Richardm”]Was Spoon Boy in it? If Spoon Boy isn’t in it, I won’t see it.[/quote]I don’t think there was a single spoon in the whole film, so it is true to say “there is no spoon”, There was also less Kung-Fu, ie less fake looking CGI, and less pointless bullet-time. Which is a good thing

The sequels didn’t have the mystery and novelty of the first one. to be fair, it’s hard to top that. in the first, we are initiated, as Neo is, into a whole new other world with extraordinary powers and techno-fantasy. Neo is vulnerable and a neophyte at the beginning, but we see his growth and transformation. As CF alludes, he makes a momentous step when he confronts the agent in a fight. there is uncertainty, but he is riding on a new-found faith. A lot of that suspense is just glossed over or non-existent in the sequels.

As for Vay mentioning Persephone, I am inclined to believe those are real (though of course under the influence of some bustier or other). That’s the Italian model/actress Monica Belluci. well endowed.

I dont see why the Machines needed Neo to stop Smith, or why that agreement should be maintained by machines… etc etc

after watching that, my friends and I watched a DVD of Old School. Much more satisfying and entertaining.

Spoon Boy WAS in it. Apart from that I largely agree with Cold Front (oh, the pain).

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Spoon Boy WAS in it. Apart from that I largely agree with Cold Front (oh, the pain).

Brian[/quote]Was he the kid who kept dropping stuff and gave Koeeny a spoon in Reloaded ?

If I remember correctly, Spoon Boy wasn’t in Reloaded, but he gave someone a spoon to give to Neo.

Yeah, I don’t remember Spoon Boy in either Reloaded or Revolutions, although maybe he made his appearance during one of the numerous times I was painfully averting my eyes from the screen.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Bu Lai En”]Spoon Boy WAS in it. Apart from that I largely agree with Cold Front (oh, the pain).

Brian[/quote]Was he the kid who kept dropping stuff and gave Koeeny a spoon in Reloaded ?[/quote]

No, that was someone else. I’ve forgotten his name.

ON EDIT: It’s probably just Kid, played by Clayton Watson.

Spoon Boy was played by Rowan Witt, who doesn’t seem to have been credited with an appearance in either Reloaded or Revolutions (although that doesn’t necessarily mean anything; he could have been played by someone else).

SPOILERS
Agreed Cold Front (and thanks for reading and following the SPOILERS sticky. :wink: )
I was amazed that here you have this underground society with all its unbelievably complex machines and stuff, and yet they seem to dress like hip cavemen.

The movie just sank under the weight of the writers’ urge to tell some sort of philosophy, whatever it was.
And, as a huge sci-fi fan all my life, I love the concept of man vs. machine, but this movie was all giant flying shooting toasters vs. Neanderthals in shooting robot suits.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]SPOILERS
Agreed Cold Front (and thanks for reading and following the SPOILERS sticky. :wink: )[/quote]

I don’t understand the wink. Didn’t I follow the spoilers sticky?

Agreed. I don’t mind a director coming up with some sort of philosophy for a film, even though I prefer he or she just tell a good story, but for God sakes, at least make it comprehensible. If the actors had just gone around saying “hibity jibity”, I would have better understood it than some the dialogue that was said in the Matrix sequels.

Yet another video game masquerading as a movie. Actually, I think that was the point: the battle against the machines in Zion is a wargame, and as all good wargamers know, the only way to beat the machine is to give up.

GAME OVER

SPOILERS

It just came out on DVD and I rented the VCD. I have realized the truth. There is no Spoonboy.

I thought it was okay. The first matrix was designed to be the perfect human world.
Let me start again. The first matrix was excellent. One of the coolest movies ever. The second was very disappointing. I rushed to the theater to see it. Even risking SARS. The third matrix, I had no desire to see it in the theater, but now I wish I had. Maybe it’s a function of expectations. If you don’t have any the movie will be better. It’s only a movie after all.
If they ever took all three movies and edited them together, taking out all the weak points, they would probably come out with the first one.

[quote]If they ever took all three movies and edited them together, taking out all the weak points, they would probably come out with the first one.
[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s great. And sadly very true.

Brian

Bullchit. Bullchit. Bullchit. M2 and M3 are so loaded with philosophy and symbolism that it’s my belief that the general audience was buried under it all and just has neither the time nor the patience to sift through it (most hardcore fans just deem the general audience too stupid to understand it, which I don’t agree with).

I find all the points buried just under the surface fascinating. I mean there were a million and one things that both movies provoked me to really ponder long and hard about. And I found the symbolism at the end of Revolutions to be just amazing, with nods to the Crucifixion, King Arthur being taken to Avalon, and the Buddhist lotus blossom.

Amazing stuff, IMO. Sad to see most people think so little of M2 and M3, but hey I don’t exactly like Star Trek so I can understand this position a little better now. :sunglasses:

Yeah philosophy. If you like philosophy you should watch Sex and the City too. While it seems like just a comedy about 30-something women in New York, there’s actually a lot of philosophy about life and stuff from Carrie in every episode (but people probably miss that).

Brian

Maybe the tag applied to haters like you by most hardcore Matrix fans should be applied to you…since this comparison is a load of crap by far. :smiling_imp:

Name dropping isn’t philosophy.