Matt Gaetz's VERY OWN Thread

Trump was at Mar Lago.

The feds have taken Gaetz’ iphone from him, I assume the bar for a warrant here is especially high, considering his GOP elected official status.

I always wonder how much this kind of thing helps. Like they can’t get the phone until they have a ton of info already, but by then you’d think often suspects have the sense to get rid of, or wipe the phone?

I guess this could get into areas where him ‘losing’ or wiping his his phone could be used as evidence against him if it can either be scraped, or feds have info from him on another end that should be on that phone too.

I’m not super versed on this stuff, I know people try to wipe hard drives unbeknownst to them there are ways for IT to scrape it.

Maybe Gaetz was just betting on it never getting this far?

If you follow mostly liberals then you know that there is a lot of disagreement about how to deal with sex work. Some say it should be legalised, some say it should be remain illegal for the customers, some say it should remain illegal for the prostitute as well, in order to better reach out to them them. The only agreement is that the prostitutes themselves should not be punished.
Which is somewhat different from the defense of Gaetz, which is that the Republicans are the party of true Christian morality except that teenage hookers and blow are OK for male right-wing politicians.

2 Likes

They might vary in their policy preferences on the issue but not their denouncement of Gaetz.

The vocal ones want decriminalization because that requires a change to the status quo.

And I could care less what the Republican party thinks; it’s bonkers to the core.

He should have been removed from all his committee assignments for inviting a Holocaust denier to SOTU and for spouting replacement theory nonsense. This is like nailing Al Capone for tax evasion.

But with teenage hookers instead of boring old accountants :wink:

edit: either way, though, someone is getting nailed!

2 Likes

150, ruh roh. btw the news that Gaetz’s iphone was taken is new, but it was actually taken back in the winter sometime.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/indicted-gaetz-friend-made-more-than-150-venmo-payments-to-dozens-of-women-plus-17-year-old

The Daily Beast reports obtaining transactions that show Greenberg, who served as Seminole County tax collector at the time, paid $300 to the then-17-year-old in June 2017 with “Food” in the memo box.

This guy knows all the tricks. :rofl:

1 Like

Hair pie? :thinking:

:face_vomiting:

I dunno why these guys think they can venmo exact amounts and label 300 dollar prostitutes ‘food’ and think they’re being clever. Shows you how untouchable they are, in their own heads.

2 Likes

That’s the power of FL coke and Exctasy plus fuck you money. They all want to be like Tony Montana. Will turn the most feeble person into a narcissist. Was great fun though during the late 90’s in Miami.

1 Like

Looks like hard evidence here:

Deflect from Matty boy!

1 Like

Well, there is this-
https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article250638959.html]

Roeber’s announcement came shortly after The Independent reported on a letter House Speaker Rob Vescovo wrote to Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Backer stating that over the course of the House Ethics Committee investigation, “we have learned information that needs to be forwarded to the proper authorities in your jurisdiction.”

It’s not like it’s with some stranger- it’s his own kids, after all.

Sad day for Matty and MTG among others, with the Republican establishment coming down heavy on their plans for a caucus for " uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions".
.When you’re too crazy for the Freedom Caucus, you know you’re out there.

I hear they even had their slogan ready: ‘Jutes! will not! replace us!’.

Their respect involves Anglo-Saxon traditions like “let’s break the shieldwall and smite that cowardly Norman cavalry which flees before our wrath why are their horses turning around and they’re charging back at us OH SHI-!”
“William the Bastard is retreating!”: early example of Fake News.

They also back infrastructure which is “the progeny of European architecture”, which may seem a little confusing, but I’ll explain it for you- you see, when a Daddy loves a Mommy very much, he puts his Doric column inside her Gothic nave- if he’s Matt Gaetz, remembering to leave a votive offering via Venmo- and nine months later they have a little America Firster.

Maybe they should expand it to be more inclusive- keeping out all the Latinos, blacks, and Asians of course, and still restricting the Irish, Italians, Poles, Ukrainians, Greeks and other assorted riff-raff- but letting in the Scandinavians, and of course the Germans, to include Trump. They could call it a tribute to Aryan culture instead.

3 Likes

Sorry to disappoint your desire for those not like you to be nazis, but Trumpy is married to a ‘woman of color’. Which also makes 4/5 of his kids ‘mixed race’.

This is a brilliant rant. Totally wrong, but still brilliant. :clap:

Melania is a “woman of color.” :joy: She’s white as driven snow. Is everyone not from the UK and USA a person of color now? Thanks for the laugh. Again.

No one bats an eyelid about a young guy going with an old woman
why is the other way around considered disgusting and creepy?

Errr:

Not as much about age difference as it is about the fact one party is of high school age, and the other is not. Predatory situation. Many fathers would also not be ok with their HS daughter dating a guy in college.