Matthew McConaughey’s Own Thread alright alright alright

Ron Paul?

Rand Paul?

In fairness to @Andrew0409, I might be conflating the Libertians with the Tea Party, which upon reading a little more I see is more of an offspring. I was thinking Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ted Cruze, more along those lines…

This is a lighthearted article by former Speaker of the House John Boehner. I wasn’t going to post it because it feels like only half written, but suddenly it is relevant.

Rand is a little off, but Ron is awesome.

speaking of celebrity politicians

i mean

1 Like

The age of wealthy celebrity entitlement has reached a milestone. Popularity eats political divisiveness for dinner. I read his recent memoir. There’s nothing but good vibes in there as evidence that he can run and manage the state of Tessiss. No way no way no way.

isn’t it only a milestone if he doesn’t run republican? reagan, arnold, and donny have all tread this ground before

He sure performed well with liberal icon RFK in this debate.
RFK and Ronald Reagan: Town Meeting of the World - CBS News - May 15, 1967 - YouTube

1 Like

I think that’s a good move. I did read and enjoy his memoir. However, I don’t think successfully navigating an acting career is the proper background to protect and lead millions. Go be mayor somebody first, show the goods.

3 Likes

Under the American system, he should be at least a Senator or Governor. Ronald Reagan was an actor, but he was seriously involved in politics, serving as Governor of California.
Under the parliamentary system, you have to serve as an MP (not legally required, but practically), and gather a group of like-minded MPs and party members who support you.
Unless you’re the Canadian Liberals; then you just grab an inexperienced pretty boy with the right name. And the Canadian people will vote for him.

Yes. We cannot have someone without experience in that role. They must have years of corruption conditioning first.

5 Likes

Yip–the cum-sponge suburban vote

Maybe events in hometown will make him run for office and change

1 Like

2 Likes

Lots of nice words, but no concrete plans…I think he’d make a great politician.

2 Likes

Quite interesting post.

Talking a lot without saying anything makes the best politicians.

So this happened.

1 Like

Could the thread title at least spell his name correctly?

It used to, when i started it. Not sure if @jdsmith is being cute with the turrrrible title change or what