Mayor Ko - political rockstar or China lackey?

They are a cancer and also cause cancer

1 Like

I agree they cause cancer, and they should be electric. But, I prefer that it’s easy to park vs you must use designated parking spots

Are you posting from 1995 again?

Scooter parking is more regulated and enforced than it ever has been.

Find a Western city with more stringent No Smoking regulations than Taipei City, I dare you.

The ghost money, meh, I don’t know why everyone gets so strung out over it, I’ve never seen it when one couldn’t just take a step or two to get away from it.

I dont. It depresses me. Especially in a city with so much excellent public transport. Having ugly disgusting scooters everywhere also takes up space for needed bike lanes. They are a third-worldy polluting deathtraps.

2 Likes

Ko has been saying that there will be a referendum on making all parking spaces in the city paid. If this happens and it passes, could really improve quality of life here https://udn.com/news/story/7323/3095316?from=udn-ch1_breaknews-1-cate3-news

modern popular religions: atheism and environmentalism:grin:

I agree.
People have also been responsible for the flourishing of the planet long before scientific age and environmentalism.

Bear gallbladder is also of important medicinal value.

and burn ancestral graves on tomb sweeping day, nonstop fireworks/firecrackers on everything that has to do that 媽祖, on double 10th day/new year’s eve, burn paper mansions/toilets/Benz in funerals, burn paper boats to send spirits to the next live. what is your proposal?

I haven’t met most ppl on planet Earth; I’ve only met enough people to know human being isn’t all nice and good to begin with.

People said that about you know who. Look where he is now!

1 Like

There is a documentary about this transformation on YouTube. Search for " reinventing taipei "

He also brought through the MRT monthly pass in conjunction with New Taipei, which couldn’t have been easy. It looks like tons of people are using it… I see “periodic ticket” flash on the fare gates all the time when the person in front of me goes through.

But really the number one thing he could (and should) do is to slowly ban gas-powered scooters over a period of years. Here’s what a sample plan could look like:

• 2019: No change
  • 2020: NT$2000/year charge for owning a gas scooter, big incentives for trading it in for an electric
  • 2021: Charge increases to NT$4000/year
  • 2022: Charge increase to NT$6000/year
  • 2023: Charge increases to NT$8000/year
  • 2024: Outright ban on driving gas scooters in Taipei city limits

There would need to be incentives and additional subsidies for those who are low-income and/or rely on gas scooter for commute. And MRT subsidies for low-income earners would help, too.

They don’t even need to work with New Taipei on this (although they would probably follow with something similar). If you want to commute into Taipei city from New Taipei, then you could not drive your gas scooter. You’d have to buy an electric or take transit.

3 Likes

Elections this Sat, You guys heard it hear first, Rockstar Ko will be our President by 2024. If not, I will jump into the ocean, following the footsteps of our great Wang Shi Jian. Yeah!

Not much in Taipei but it is said he was very adept in the human organ trade.

1 Like

When will be 2024 elections be held in taiwan? Is it going to be before the US presidency ones? God I need a President Trump - President Ko meeting in my life.

Yeah, reminds me of the Michael Douglas movie “Coma” from 1978.

1 Like

Recent poll by UDN has Rockstar Ko in the lead among all Presidential contenders in 2020 (leading everyone from KMT & DPP). Rockstar/rapper Ko’s political star is still rising and will take him to the Presidential Palace in 2020 (not 2024). A big round of applause to the wisdom/talent of Rockstar Ko and his smart supporters! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Sounds like he is setting up his own political party. This could be a huge factor in the upcoming election.

Wow, this news is HUGE. English Tsai and Korean Fish should be quaking in their boots right now. Rockstar Ko, welcome to the Presidential Palace in 2020!

The only guy who should be worried about Mayor Big Shoes cutting in on his action is @rooftopclown

1 Like

Interesting… There is a possibility of a terry guo/Ko ticket

Fuck him.

1 Like

It really interesting to see his relationship with Daniel Han. Ko that is