McDonald's Declares War on Common Sense, Wins

Exactly. If you don’t like it, don’t eat it. It’s not that hard.
Super Size Me was making a valid point, but was also shameless in its approach. If you ate only Pizza Hut for 30 days, you would have much the same health trouble as was documented in the film. Ditto for any other chain or basic eatery.

The thing I find kind of funny about all this, is that most people criticize, make fun of, and scold McDick’s at will for whatever variety of reasons they feel they need to, but yet find themselves there once in a while (or more) ‘enjoying’ one or more of their products.

I’m not sure if they are actually promoting a 4 patty Big Mac in America or elsewhere right now. It might only be a Taiwan thing.

One of my TW roommates brought McDs home last night. Just the smell of it wafting from living room was enough to remind me how much I hate it.

Enjoy your McStroke.

I’m tempted to buy one, try to eat it and then puke all over the McCountertop.

Maybe sooner or later they can do a cross promotion with Phillip Morris.

“Would you like a McSmoke with that?” :rainbow:[/quote]

Dude, calm down before you give yourself a stroke :wink:

I go to McD’s once or twice a month for a dirty burger and don’t see the problem. I don’t see how occasionally indulging in a few bits of beef, salad and bun with an orange juice and unsalted fries (yeh, you just have to ask :slight_smile:) is any worse than the average Taiwanese indulging in deep-fried greasy chicken or fried breakfasts every morning. IMO the worst things on McD’s menu health-wise are the beverages, not the burgers.

I’ve been off the Mcfood for a while now. I’m glad. I really think stuff like that is addictive. Actually, the smell of the place is pretty gross when you walk by. Whoppers are better anyway.

What’s this part about? :astonished:

I had some McNuggets there the other day. I forgot how sick they make me. I was sick before I even finished the 4rth one.
There was once a Married With Children episode where Al got a personal trainer for Peggy. In the end of the episode the personal trainer dies with the cholesterol of an elephant due to adopting Peggy’s lifestyle. I relate to that. My system is spoiled. I am so picky about what I put in it that if I even try for things like McD’s I get sick halfway through the meal.

What’s this part about? :astonished:[/quote]
Buy one of those muffin things from 7-11. The kind with the burger in it. Notice the foul stench the meat gives off – that’s because it lacks the chemicals McD’s use to make their offal smell appetizing. They also use it on their fries. Reason for that is that their fries used to smell and taste good because they were cooked in beef dripping. However, they were pressured into switching to vegetable oil, so the fries no longer tasted or smelled the same. No problem – simply create a chemical that emulates the old taste and smell. I’m sure it’s perfectly good for you, though.

I can’t stop eating those curly fries, god help me.

Haven’t eaten McDick’s in over 15 years. I take students there from time to time when their badgering gets the better of me. I will never understand the appeal.

Four patties?

Jeez.

What’s this part about? :astonished:[/quote]
The “scents” for the McFood are made in a chemical plant in New Jersey.

Love it or hate it, McFood does give you McDump.

It is good for a hangover. Must be the sugar content.

Sorry, but I find it a little difficult to swallow a thread (even more difficult that a McD’s burger) about healthy food and living on Forumosa after clicking this healthy commercial.

Of course that would be better for a healthy lifestyle and less waist line expanding than McD’s…???

I doubt that McD’s has the social consequences of that other product in the video. Do the makers of the “other product” support the community??? I dunno.

I don’t support McD’s nor am I against the “other product”, but it does seem a bit strange that the “healthy” eaters on this thread also seem to be “hearty” endulgers in the “other product”.

It was just one of those things that made me go “hmmmmmmmmmmm”.

Thanks, I was wondering what I should eat today. McDonald’s it is!

Dude, you couldn’t be more wrong. You could try, but you would fail. Not to downplay the damage the demon rum can do, but…

[quote]
Childhood Obesity - Daddy Will You Buy Me Some Diabetes?

The increasing rate of childhood obesity is alarming. Unhealthy eating habits have led us to a nation populated by overweight children and their parents. Children are being diagnosed with health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. These diseases were previously only seen in adults.

Obesity is a threat to the health of children in several ways. Obesity impacts many systems of the body.

*Cardiovascular system
*Pulmonary system
*Gastrointestinal system
*Orthopedic system

Over 12 million children in the United States suffer with childhood obesity. This is an alarming statistic and a frightening one for parents. The prevalence of childhood obesity increased 100 percent over the last ten years. The reasons for obesity are a societal as well as physical. There are two major forces that have created this phenomenon of overweight children in our society.

The first major impact on the weight of our children is the amount of fast food that is consumed on a daily basis. The fast food industry has transformed the American diet into a junk food melee that lacks good nutrients. Fast food consumption combined with the sedentary lifestyles of kids who play expensive video games rather than playing outside contributes to the high incident of childhood obesity.[/quote]
ezinearticles.com/?Childhood-Obe … &id=433339

[quote]
An estimated 18 million adults over age 20 have diabetes. That’s more than 8% of the adult population in the U.S. And type 2 diabetes, what used to be adult-onset diabetes, is rising even faster among children—40% of girls and 30% of boys born in the year 2000 will have diabetes during their lifetime—if the trends remain constant.[/quote]
ahbras.com/Food4Life.html

[quote]
When you sit down to a fast food meal, be aware that you’re consuming more cholesterol, sodium, and empty calories than you should get in an entire day; and more saturated fat than you should get in an entire week or even a month![/quote]
Kids don’t walk into a restaurant and drink a week’s worth of beer. Well, not until college…

Oh speaking of which; I saw in the paper today that McWonderfulHealthyLovinItDonalds will now deliver to your home. (for a 70NT delivery fee).

That is super news for me, I turned 49 yesterday and know that for us older folks right eating is key. So I was interested in the particulars—Seriously, does anyone know how the McDelivery system works? What phone numbers to use, do they deliver in San Chung City (God’s Country)?

McBrian
I am lovin home delivery.

[quote=“Bassman”]Sorry, but I find it a little difficult to swallow a thread (even more difficult that a McD’s burger) about healthy food and living on Forumosa after clicking this healthy commercial.

Of course that would be better for a healthy lifestyle and less waist line expanding than McD’s…???[/quote]

Don’t be silly. Many studies have shown that a moderate intake of alcohol is good for you.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

JD,

I don’t get your anger here. No one is twisting customers’ arms into buying McDonald’s food. It’s not as if anyone really believes that because an athlete is advertising the product, eating McDonald’s will make him healthy and strong. Everyone knows McDonald’s food is unhealthy. It’s not a secret, and there’s no conspiracy.

Like a previous poster said, the burgers are not the problem. It’s the fries and coke. Haven’t seen the four pattied one yet, but I’m sure I make bigger burgers than that at home. Aren’t their patties pretty small? And McDonald’s can’t be bad for you if you moderate it. I doubt even once a week is all that bad. Julia Child said that it’s actually quite nutritious. The hamburgers anyway.

That being said, I think I’ve ony been there two or three times since coming to Korea almost 2 and a half years ago. Actually had the breakfast combo last week. Pretty good (and I think that one is pretty fattening).

There is nothing wrong with either product in moderation. Oh, @#$$%, it’s EXACTLY the same thing, kids get hooked on the demon drink at earlier ages all the time and the lasting consequences can go on just as long as the consequences of McD’s abuse. Diabetes, exactly the same with either product, (we are talking beer here). The difference is where you hit a nerve. McD’s is an easy target, what about all the other unhealthy food? But beer, oh #@@# no, don’t say that advertising beer in the way that it is has social consequences and is misleading, that would just be wrong, wouldn’t it? How many grown adults refer to their McD’s belly?

I don’t think that McD’s is healthy. I don’t think that Beer is healthy either. But I do think that beer commercials give a lot worse ideas and the end results of too much beer is far worse than McD’s. It just struck me as really funny that Forumosans would be so high and mighty about health and then overindulge in a product that is worse.

Forgive me for hitting a nerve. :wink:

The weans dinnae know that, GBH.

It’s easy enough for us adults to evaluate and avoid that wretched place if we have the good sense to do so, but the advertising is aimed mainly at luring in the kiddies, and they’re pretty defenseless against it - especially when it’s being plugged by people they hero worship.

Beer advertising is aimed at adults and is an entirely different matter altogether.

Kiddies, in general, aren’t the ones forking over the cash for McD’s.
There is a certain duty placed on parents to educate their kids on healthy eating.

Playstation is aimed at kids too, and that’s big time. Anyone complaining about the danger to the eyes from over use and potential seizures.