McDonald's Gay Coming Out Commercial. Good or Bad?

McDonald’s advertising went with the fact that the largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan, but not the fact that it doesn’t mean that many people don’t accept it.

McDonalds coffee is much better than Starbucks. Just order one cup of simple black coffee from each. Starbucks is hardly drinkable without the added sugar and milk. McDonalds is great.

[quote=“afterspivak”]To their credit, McDonald’s apparently uses (or at least sells) Imei milk. That’s the best I can say about the “food” they sell.

Nice commercial though.

Guy[/quote]

I don’t usually drink Mcdonald’s coffee, but if I had no choice, I would drink Mcdonald’s milk solely based off that statement. Imei milk is awesome.

The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

never heard of the Sydney Mardi Gas, 38 years old and watched by 500,000- 800,000 per year?

Berlin’s Gay Pride called CSD annually in June? 200 events across the city?

weird claim, that one.

[quote=“urodacus”]The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

never heard of the Sydney Mardi Gas, 38 years old and watched by 500,000- 800,000 per year?

weird claim, that one.[/quote]

Whatever happened to Ask Urodacus? :sunglasses: I liked that thread.

[quote=“hannes”][quote=“urodacus”]The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

Whatever happened to Ask Urodacus? :sunglasses: I liked that thread.[/quote]

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“hannes”][quote=“urodacus”]The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

http://tw.forumosa.com/t/ask-urodacus/46313/1[/quote]

Hibernating for 4 yrs already :astonished:

Hands down the greatest thread on Forumosa.

Can we revive it?

I’m guessing tango42 meant biggest in Asia.

[quote=“urodacus”]The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

Largest in Asia.

The American press has said it has caused a firestorm of controversy… :unamused:

@hansioux … I also expected him to write "也"

It is not smart to tell your dad aLone about being gay in McDonalds. He’s put on the spot in public, maybe limiting his true thoughts n expression. This ad must be about protection, so dad does not stab him to death. The boy will feel safer at McDonalds.

Nowadays all the big companies are trying to focus on the gay section of society. Everything for the good old money that has no prejudice.

lol

[quote=“hannes”][quote=“urodacus”]The largest annual gay parade is in Taiwan? Seriously?

For East Asia. But for the Asia/Pacific region Sydney is the largest.

I don’t believe this commercial would draw more gay men to McDonalds—basically because the majority of gay men are health conscious and care about their bodies. I particularly feel it’s unforgivable when parents care and fear the reaction of neighbors and relatives----more than loving, supporting and cherishing their own child. Strong support should come from parents first as well as educating their friends , neighbors and relatives. I appreciate the father’s response-and think it sends a much needed message to other parents of gay children.

I am not gay, but I think its a cute commercial.

I am not straight (whew, glad I clarified that off the bat), but I think the commercial does its job of promoting McDonald’s as a feel-good corporation. It doesn’t really highlight their main product–food–but then again, they’re probably smart for steering away from that. :smirk:

1 Like

That was my second thought. It was one of those ads that uses emotions as a tool to hawk their cheesy (both literally and figuratively, hahaha :slightly_smiling_face:) merchandise

actually, these days McD here is trying to make coffee their main product.

I NEVER eat at McDonalds (just so that you know). Whenever I think about what is wrong with modern civilization spearheaded by the US, McDonald’s comes to mind first.

Globalization, large corporation, industrial food production, huge advertising campaigns, more shine than substance, not satisfying the needs of customers on various levels (nutrition and health), sterile environment, low wages… the list goes on and on.

Let’s try to support small businesses as much and often as possible. Let’s at least help niche businesses to have a fighting chance against large corporations that bulldoze variety whenever and where ever they can and then try to convince you that they do care about you with cheesy ad campaigns.

2 Likes