McDonald's Menu Variations

There is an option for medium fries, no? I don’t remember being forced to buy large fries, but I could be wrong.

I don’t usually order fries because they get cold and soggy by the time they arrive, even though I live only 5 minutes away.

If you buy a set menu through Uber Eats, the only option I see is large fries.

Yeah, there’s definitely a short shelf-life for McDonald’s fries. I think 5 minutes is okay (if we pick our food up via the drive-through I’ve found the fries to be okay), but anything approaching 10 minutes is no good.

Oh yeah, I just checked. That’s dumb.

Yeah it is, as long as they are fresh. More often than not though, they give me a batch that’s already been sitting there for a few minutes.

1 Like

By the way, if you order the curly fries for delivery, it doesn’t matter if they get soggy. Curly fries are already soggy to begin with, and they are seasoned enough that they don’t lose any flavor after they get soggy.

I don’t know why this isn’t on their permanent menu.

1 Like

I was nearing 17 hours of fasting during our exchange above. I broke that by having a banana and some dark chocolate before a lunch swim. I had some food after my swim but now I’m hungry again. Curly fries sound really good right about now.

1 Like

The swim cancelled out the food you ate earlier, so you’re good. The curly fries can count as your one meal for the day. Get two orders!

1 Like

So what are the curly fries like?

Some McDonald’s in Taiwan have a stank to them. Is it lack of air circulation?

I found them to be starchy, not especially cheap, and—in my humble opinion—not worth a second try.

Guy

1 Like

I thought they were pretty good. A lot like Arby’s curly fries if you’ve had them before. In my humble opinion worth a second try.

NotGuy

2 Likes

Liked for the negative. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

I think some of them are extremely busy. Since the kitchens are open in most places, you can see that the floors are greasy and damp/wet. I imagine that’s where the smell comes from.

The worst for me was walking into a McDonald’s and being hit by the smell of cockroach spray.

1 Like