McDonald's touchscreens test reveals poop traces, dangerous bacteria

Cell phones and the bottoms of purses/bags are super nasty. I hit both of those with disinfectant wipes pretty regularly.

Back in the US I was kind of anal about my car. It wasn’t always perfectly clean or anything, but I made a point to disinfect my drivers side door handles/button panel, steering wheel, and gear shifter every week. My friends thought I was being excessive but when I told them to try it and they blackened a wipe on their steering wheel in one swipe, they saw the light. Gag…

WanFang hospital added touch screens to everything during the year, touch screen to get a queuing number, touch screen self check out etc. etc., thought it bizarre at the time given that some percentage of the people using them would have a communicable disease…At least they have plenty of alcohol sprays.

Her filet-o-fish smelled like McFeces.:crazy_face:

1 Like

London is always very dirty, it is a different type of dirty. No trash on the streets and the homeless are hidden, but common people look dirty and have this terrible smell. Their metro is disgusting. Most people on the metro look like they haven’t brushed their teeth in months, or havent had a proper wash of their hair. Except for some areas of the West of the city it mostly looked like I was surrounded by homeless with a house. McDonalds customers were mostly disgusting, except for some mc Donald’s in malls with fashionable kids in it. I never get the hype people get from London. Even Parisians are cleaner.

2 Likes

Google → “british smile” → now you know

the-big-book-0f-british-smiles-of-when-dudes-tell-25611108-01

2 Likes

Just did. That was NOT a nice way to start the day!

1 Like

I’m sorry…but at least you found out that your observation was 100% accurate!

1 Like

That’s disgusting , so much for automation.

the brit smiles or the poo issue?

1 Like

It seems like I’m only ever told unpleasant things about the UK. The food sucks, the weather sucks, and now I learn the general hygiene standard is low? At this rate I’ll never go.

At the risk of derailing the thread, can anyone come to their defense?

1 Like

Fish and chips is good?

2 Likes

That’s the only thing I’m ever told is any good for the taste buds, but it’s none too good for a body.

1 Like

We’re talking about the UK here, you need to have REALISTIC expectations…

Good tasting food AND healthy? Come on…

“Barely edible” is your best menu option.

1 Like

How about the culture? Any saving graces there? I am a little curious about seeing chavs in their natural habitat…

Their museums are really good. I would stick to major attractions, try not to be walking where the locals do then the view and smell is better. It hurts me to say so , as I always like to live as the locals do when I travel, but in London is depressing, personal hygiene is basic, even very poor areas in South America and Africa they are still clean or at least try to. The clean people in london are foreigners and very very very rich locals

2 Likes

That’s a bit unfair. British ppl are fine. You just need to avoid the shady areas.

Besides, they are very inclusive of minorities of all kinds here. Especially ppl with disabilities. There’s also a lot of green space. Not that I go to parks but if you’re into that there’s a ton.

The worst thing about the UK is the rent (especially London) and probably the drinking culture (too many drunk ppl. Idk why ppl start drinking so early in the day here). Otherwise it’s not bad.

1 Like

I stayed in UK for a month for work, and outside of London it was ok. (I’ve not been to other large cities though)
Rather than living in London I’d prefer to work at a 7/11 anywhere in taiwan, and I don’t mean it as an hyperbole.

1 Like

The dirty ones are everywhere. The only place I didn’t see them at all was inside museums and paid attractions. The more touristy places you see them in much less numbers, rich areas very few of them, if you further East of the city they are majority. Each and every time I was there they were everywhere (not in the museums though), it just varies if you see lots or few of them. London is the only place in the world where I prefer to be among the crowd of tourists.

Stayed there continuously for 2 months too, and visited other times. Outside of London is a bit better, London is the worse I have been in the U.K.

The touch screens make me more concerned about the MRT and Bus handles and bars. Yikes.