McDonald's touchscreens test reveals poop traces, dangerous bacteria

i think theres something to that. i saw some chinese here complaining in a hot pot restaurant that it wasn’t spicy enough. even tho it was totally spicy enough for most peoples tastes, but over there they eat those 100 chilli dishes so yea its not surprising their tastebuds can’t appriciate a normal amount any more.

Needs to be sweet!

The best thing I had in the Philippines was fish with rice, soy sauce and kalamansi (calamansi).

Is that a spice or a herb?:thinking:

It’s hard to describe. I think of it as the scent of a woman before you go down on her.

Are you getting your posting tips from @tommy525?

1 Like

It’s the most accurate description, though.

Mohammed on a bike…

It’s basically the taste associated with MSG (or less abstractly with roasted meat, tomato paste, miso, etc), but each to their own, I guess.

1 Like

It’s a musky, mildly fungal taste. Delicious!

There are not many threads that manage to incorporate poop and oral sex. Well done.

Are you new to the internet?

1 Like

I think of forumosa as a little island of sanity in a sea of poop and bodily fluids.

1 Like

Dang , you just reminded me the need to keep the backdoor clean because your nose will be in it.

(In regards to going down south…if you know what I mean).

OK, describe umami without saying it’s like MSG, mushrooms etc.

It’s like a fermented yeasty extract flavor, the thing Brits and OZ’s, Kiwis put on their toast. It can also be produced from seaweed.

Like going down on a woman? Only without toast.

Oh FFS. Even BP agrees with you.

In theory it doesn’t really taste of anything. It’s weird. It’s a component of familiar natural flavours, but there isn’t any food (AFAIK) that has a flavour that’s only or predominantly defined by umami. MSG is described as a “flavour enhancer” because that’s exactly what it is.

Few foods have a single flavour. Celery or lettuce?

IMO even fat has a distinct flavour.

EDIT : BP is on record as liking jellied eels. Any further contributions need to be judged in that light.

Sure, but there are certain foods whose taste is dominated by sweet, sour, bitter, or salt. You can say “saltiness” tastes like, uh, pure salt.

There’s a lot of recent debate over what counts as a ‘basic flavour’. Apparently there’s something about fat, in and of itself, that works a bit like MSG on our sense of taste - which presumably is why low-fat food has never really taken off.

Fair point. How to describe flavours without referring to things that have that flavour is tricky.

However mushrooms, as an example, are not usually sweet, sour, salty, or bitter. There clearly is another flavour going on there.

[quote=“finley, post:118, topic:174876, full:true”]
Didn’t watch the video, but it looks like kedgeree. Indian influences.
[/quote]