Meanwhile all over the planet

Political leaders serve themselves, as anyone who pays attention can see.

And the unelected members of the deep state despise the elected officials. Openly, now.

Me, I’m all for DIY. I will on occasion condescend to let the guy at the 7 make me coffee, however.

And I haven’t yet gone so far as to grow my own coffee beans.

1 Like

Political leaders serve themselves, as anyone who pays attention can see.

Platitude, no specific examples

And the unelected members of the deep state

what the hell does this mean

despise the elected officials.

which ones? Huh

Openly, now.

Meaningless

“But let’s get real. Protests never solved anything.”

Hm, 18th century protest in Europe did not change anything?

1 Like

A bit before my time. To the best of my knowledge, protests changed nothing and violence changed lots of things, but didn’t change them for the better necessarily.

When people combine the two, it confuses the issues of causality. A riot is violence first and protest second. Its effectiveness, if it’s effective at all, is entirely due to the violence.

Depends. If those in authority are baked by state security forces, they can usually hang on.

And if they’re not, they’ll fall to a coup - with or without protests.

Beware the Ides of March.

You need to do some more reading. Velvet Revolution - non-violent protests turned a communist regime into two independent democratic countries.

Are you talking about that time when Reagan winning Cold War I led to the commie regimes in Czechoslovakia and elsewhere imploding?

Calling something a revolution doesn’t make it a revolution. The Soviet empire was on life support and Reagan pulled the plug. That’s what happened.