This never gets old:

Guy

2 Likes

No, heā€™s Brazilian.

By descent

Then Iā€™m Italian too!
:rofl:

One of usā€¦ one of usā€¦

What has been the impact? You know where most oxygen comes from?

And hey, Iā€™m all for preserving that and all forest as much as possible.

But everything has been taking out of proportion.

1 Like

Rickroll Bolsonaro xD

Nah, Iā€™m as far as I can get from him!

1 Like

That video is an example of what I was saying. I forgot about the picture of the guys eating poultry scrapsā€¦ They tried to pass it like if that came with Bolsonaro. Stupid.

1 Like

Fake newsā€”more rainforest was removed during Lulaā€™s term

Prior to 2019, there had been a 10-year period in which the rate of deforestation dropped. Before that, though, rates were just as high as under Bolsonaro ā€” sometimes considerably higher. This was also true of the first years of the presidency of leftist Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, which began in 2003.
How has the rainforest fared under Bolsonaro? ā€“ DW ā€“ 10/02/2022

They voted a crook into office. Lula should be in jailā€“got off on a technical jurisdiction issue.

1 Like

This election was really a bad one.

I was hoping for a better option to come up, but all the other candidates got less than 5% of the votes.

Brazilians were between a rock and a hard place at the end.

I watched this many years ago. There was no Bolsonaro back then!

You can also watch Cidade de deus. Again, before Bolsonaro.

As for the fires and the deforestation, the same year you had a massive fire in Australia. It was also hotter than previous years, as itā€™s been happening for a while already. The way these events were treated by the media were a bit too political and loaded of intention.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know a lot about Brazil politics, and back in the day I was excited about Lula (probably because the media sold it in a way I would totally buy his proposal), and maybe still nowadays Iā€™d rather vote him instead of the psychotic Bolsonaro. But itā€™s tiring to see so much Bullshit. Its like Trump 2. Although probably even Trump is better than Bolsonaro xD

Monbiot is a Malthusian clown.

1 Like

Imagine that.

Michael Shellenberger: Mostly everything. The first thing people need to understand is that there has been a huge decline in deforestation since its peak in the early 2000s. Deforestation is still 75 to 80 per cent lower than at this peak. Deforestation has been going up in recent years, but that rise didnā€™t start under the current Brazilian government. Clearly, much of the response from the Western media is a reaction to Bolsonaro ā€“ itā€™s not just about whatā€™s happening on the ground.

The other big issue is that the Amazon is not ā€˜the lungs of the worldā€™. It does not produce 20 per cent of the worldā€™s oxygen. The idea that we need it for oxygen production is a myth. Itā€™s just basic plant science: the Amazon uses about as much oxygen as it produces, through a process called respiration, which pulls nutrients out of the soil into the plants. This process accompanies photosynthesis.

Better expressed, but two of the (three or four?) points I was trying to make.

1 Like

The only taste of Bolsonaro I got when I was in SP was I get stalled 20 minutes when I go downtown because traffic has to stop to administer a breathalyzer test to my Uber driver.

Never seen @RickRoll and Bolsonaro together at the same time. Just sayinā€™ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s been pointed out many times that the Amazon isnā€™t really essential to life on earth. Still hate to see it disappear though.

I wonā€™t deny nor confirm any allegations!

2 Likes