Meanwhile in Catalonia...

Translation in Chinese or English, please.

Theyā€™re talking about how to talk about maybe doing something about independence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqpJ7m-AaA

the translator sounds like retarded or stoned though

Where does one volunteer to combat such splittism? Viva Cristo rey motherfuckers!!! It is gonna be fun to watch Madrid centralism reinsert control shall the Catalans do anything rash.

Loving to see the wounds of the Civil War festering again. :grin::grin::grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhK1ER3B4Hg

http://www.euronews.com/2017/10/10/watch-live-catalan-leader-makes-highly-anticipated-address-to-parliament

If this is a negotiation ploy, just whom are they trying to negotiate with?

If they back off at this point, theyā€™ll never live it down. You want respect, you have to earn it.

I wonder if this whole thing wasnā€™t primarily an attempt to affect the next general election. Now PP will lose support, but who will gain? Podemos? (They say they oppose Catalonian independence but support letting them have a real referendum.)

Jesus you seem to be pushing people towards Catalonian independence.
No wonder they want to leave and take their money with them. :slight_smile:.

You are pretty lost.

The independentism is pretty fragmented now (I mean, even moreā€¦ it was a coalition of very, very different political parties) and in Spain people are getting very tired of Podemos because of the stupid things they focus on. On the top of that, many people arenā€™t happy about their ambiguous (in the best of the cases) posture towards the independentists.

Indeed, the intention of vote samples show this trend: Podemos goes down, and Ciudatans go up.

Trying to negotiate with the government of Spain you dimwit, who else? :slight_smile:

LOL.

Who am I pushing?

A: I want independence!!!
B: Most people donā€™t want it, and you donā€™t have reasons for claiming it
A: you are oppressing me! fascist!
B: you are insulting us
A: OK, so I declare myself independent!
B: LOL
A: OK, now letā€™s sit down for negotiating
B: negotiating what?
A: my independence!
B: fuck off

I think this offers better insight to that rubbish above.

ā€œSecond, the new Catalan Statute of Autonomy, which the Catalan parliament passed in 2005, faced challenges when it went to Madrid for approval. The conservative Peopleā€™s Party (PP), then in the opposition, claimed the law was unconstitutional, and the constitutional court declared fourteen articles illegal. This failed process to increase their nationā€™s sovereignty convinced many Catalans that they could not reform Spain from withinā€

Well, A clearly won: it was the first one to accuse the opposing side of being fascists.

You make it sound like if Catalonia wanted independen, but in this and the previous ā€œreferendumsā€ called by the local government, less than a 40% of the electors supported it. It is not Catalonia (although thereā€™s a lot of pro independence base of voters).

Also you make it sound like if Catalonia and Spain were at the same level. Are Texas and USA at the same level? No. If I say that USA is pushing Texas towards independence, Iā€™m using the same fallacy than you.

Yeah, simple minds are lured by simple arguments ā€œthey only want to vote, why donā€™t you let them vote?ā€ LOL

I told you before Irish independence the majority of Irish were not really interested in independence so much as autonomy (home rule).

When the British govt kept stalling for decades and decades the whole dynamic changed and almost overnight (Easter rising 1916 ) the movement for real independence became a majority movement.

Not saying the same can happen or should happen in Spain (I think greater autonomy as part of a Spanish republic would be an optimal solution ), just that are no certainties in politics. People can change their feelings and their voting patterns , permanently.

That idiot you call the king of Spain doesnā€™t help !

But of course. They wanted to change their Autonomy Statute claiming that they were a nation, opening in that way the way to independence, among other things. That and other points were against the Constitution, but the professional whiners say that itā€™s all fault of a political party that donā€™t like them and oppresses them and so. And MadriT. Itā€™s all Madritā€™s fault. It doesnā€™t matter what the Constitution says, apparently.

According to @Brianjones if the Constitution needs to be changed because the Oppressed People say so, we have to do it. Why? Nobody knows why, but if we donā€™t do it, we are fascists. xD

The Constitution of Spain seems too rigid. If adjusting the Constitution makes Spain a more stable and better place why not?

Right now Spain is a bit of a mess and things arenā€™t looking too rosy. Most of this could be avoided with some flexibility.

No freaking idea what you are talking about, really. Can you explain why we have to give more autonomy to Catalonia?

You arenā€™t aware of the fact that part of their plan was to manipulate peopleā€™s opinion talking shit about other autonomous regions, saying (lying) that regions like Andalusia have more competences than Catalonia (and again this was a lie, but most of the independentists donā€™t know it, just believe what they were told).