Meanwhile in Hong Kong

More on the story.

They are really going to claim the protestors entered illegally when the video clearly show they were dragged in?

1 Like

Nathan Law speaks about the Manchester Incident:

Guy

1 Like

The BBC continues to do good work, here politely pointing out how Beijing is lying about what transpired in Manchester:

Guy

There is an aerial view vid too. It’s far easier to see what transpired

1 Like

Mea culpa! Or not.

Guy

1 Like

Meanwhile, back in Hong Kong, a screening of the new Batman film has been cancelled on the basis of “national security.”

Guy

1 Like

what does this abbreviation mean?

1 Like

Probably wanna fuck

3 Likes

Hey it wasn’t me! Ask Mr Finn Lau.

According to google, it can refer to:

• wrong font;
  • whisper friendly;
  • Wallis and Futuna Islands;
  • water/food (ratio).

Your guess is as good as mine. :grin:

Guy

Wasn’t that a 2008 film?

1 Like

Good catch! I should have noticed that.

Certainly the authorities would not want people to remember a time in HK in which films like that could be shot in their city.

Guy

Those scenes also give the impression the authorities there are corrupt and incompetent

1 Like

Batman is a form of social critique: agree or disagree? Find specific examples or counter-examples from the film to support your position.”

Guy

2 Likes

Nowsaday, movie are one of the famous form of social critique. This essay agrees for the following three reason. …

1 Like

In fairness, Nolan’s movies do depict a city in which even a total military lockdown isn’t enough to suppress a bat-related threat.

4 Likes

ZING. Good one

1 Like

This does have a bit of contemporary relevance, doesn’t it.

I’ll have to go back and have a look at that film. :grin:

Guy

At least this guy is consistent!

https://twitter.com/niccijsmith/status/1587630843618418689

Guy

2 Likes

He’s a pro

1 Like

Telling to international financial leaders not to read too many international news on China. The Chinese Securities regulatory commission chief really knows how to do PR well. The bamboo curtain growing taller and thicker by the day

4 Likes