Meanwhile in Ireland

I’d say they’re anti-science, except there’s not all that much actual science.

It’s more like anti-sense.
The virus is in moisture, a mask traps most of the moisture you breathe out behind it instead of jetting it out at people around you, keeping others safe when you’re possibly sick.
I don’t see what the argument against them is. “I want the chance to make other people sick” maybe?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Say it, don’t spray it.

Why are these people always “far right” protesters? They’re protesting about masks. They might be misguided, but how does this make them Nazis?

The logo on the banner there has generally been associated with hippies and the left.

Hijabs are all about repression.

Is it? Is it repression to willingly wear a hijab in a free country?

Willingly?

Yes. Believe it or not. Muslims practise their faith willingly.

The freest countries for muslims are western countries.

1 Like

didnt.fact.check.picard

1 Like

Ireland doesn’t have apostasy laws!

didnt.fact.check.picard

This thread has nothing to do with other countries.

The hijab is not repression. People willingly put it on every day. That’s gotta be the worst whataboutism ever. I’m disappointed. This was sad…

Do they have mask laws?

Repression is repression.

Your right to spread disease ends where my nose begins. Wear a mask.

What’s next? You gonna whinge about seatbelt laws?

1 Like

Good advice to wear masks. Well done.

2 Likes

Seatbelts, like helmets, and unlike masks, don’t cause harm to other people (though I still support them); the only person you are hurting is yourself

The hijab (hair covering and niqab (face covering) are problematic. Theoretically there should be no laws, as in the U.S.; in places with large Muslim populations such as France there can be social pressure on Muslim women to wear them.

And: free North American women from the oppression of wearing tops at the beach!

Some people can talk without spittle. Just so you know.

Actually these actions do hurt others…indirectly. There’s economic damage. Each person that dies prematurely is on average taking out $50000/yr give or take from the economy.

Dead people don’t make good customers.

So do recreational activities. Should they be banned?
*Number 1: Base Jumping.
*Number 2: Free Solo Climbing.

• Number 3: Wing-Suiting.
  • Number 4: Bull Running.
  • Number 5: Hang gliding.
  • Number 6: Mountain climbing .
  • Number 7: Scuba diving .
  • Number 8: Recreational Boating .
  • Number 9: Big wave surfing.
  • Number 10: Heli-Skiing.

Though I am fully opposed to bull-running, on the ground of cruelty to the bulls- the people taking part, I don’t really care about.

As with most facts, you are wrong.

1 Like

Very good points. All of these, like driving are regulated. While the act of wearing seatbelts are mandatory, other things like Mountain climbing have their own “Seatbelt Laws” associated with them.

You can’t hike/climb any random mountain in Taiwan. What we want are maximum benefits with the lowest risks possible.
We want people to have fun and be free to do the things they want and be free from fear.

You can’t go to certain beaches and just randomly surf.