Meat Store (Italian cold cuts etc.)

I can confirm this. I could just barely hit the edge of the button.

1 Like

Actually is NT$936 at the current discount. Itā€™s a sliced item. I bet you couldnā€™t find any cheaper on the market. Consider that itā€™s an Italian Made product. :wink:

1 Like

Youā€™re buying cold cut meat that has low demand in taiwan, made in Italy no less.

Itā€™s basically like eating caviar.

Try taiwan made cured meat products, price per kg will be more reasonable, but the flavor wonā€™t be authentic.

Costco makes pretty good pizza so I have little reason to make my own.

No, itā€™s not. Go check the price of caviar.

1 Like

Taiwanese do not eat cold cuts normally, so the market for cold cuts is extremely limited and extremely expensive, more expensive than they should be. In Germany you can buy salami like this for 5 euros for the entire stick, but in Taiwan because theyā€™re flown in, through special channel no less (meat import isnā€™t legal unless special permits are applied for, and special inspection too). So you pay for all this.

I used to eat salami a lot in Germany and in the US as well, as they were cheap. But in Taiwan they are anything but cheap. Basically caviar price for junk meat.

Like LxBurrito charging 300nt for ONE gas station burrito that sells for 50 cents at Walmartā€¦

The price you see if for a whole salame di milano of 1.25Kg.
The price showed per Kg is a glitch that had been already fixed. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that bug but yeah, I knew it was 1.25kg

We are importing products by air for preserving the freshness. There are also high import duty for Pork Products (so called anti-dumping taxes). The math of all those cost make the price higher compared on the Italian domestic market (either US or Germany). At the moment we are offering the most competitive price on the market. Something I donā€™t recommend to do is to compare Italian made products with locally made. There are huge differences about quality & flavors. Itā€™s just like compare a Ferrari with a local made Luxgenā€¦ both have 4 wheelsā€¦ both are carsā€¦ the rest come itself :wink:

1 Like

we are working on this issueā€¦ it will be fix soon :wink:

The only complaint I have with American cold cuts or sausages is the amount of salt they put in them. You could pickle something with the amount of salt they put in it. No idea why. Unfortunately some Taiwanese maker follow the American recipes and it results in disgusting sausages. German sausage isnā€™t anywhere near that salty.

Not the same place, then. It has been Willieā€™s/G&Gā€™s for decades, and its stock is probably the most consistent in the city, which is how it has stayed in business even now that the supermarket chains carry much of the same goods in their (far less consistently stocked) ā€œimportā€ isles.

1 Like

The things sold as ā€œGerman sausagesā€ from Taiwanese makers are what we would call a bad hot dog in the US. Thatā€™s not an American recipe.

Randomly, my wife just ordered some steaks, cold cuts, and cheese from @meatstore today. It arrived fast and well packaged (cold/frozen) and from all appearances the quality looks to be more than fair for the price. Will only report back if it doesnā€™t meet expectations, not likely.

2 Likes

Made some killer sandwiches with the salami and Abondance cheese from the Carrefour. Great stuff!

Years ago, Citysuper used to carry a decent high quality bologna.

(I know it isnā€™t the most sought after cold cut, but I grew up with it and miss it)

Any chance Meat Store will carry a decent bologna? Iā€™d be a loyal customer for life if they did.

1 Like

Thereā€™s mortadella.

2 Likes

I remember almost throwing up on bologna in the statesā€¦ you know those things that is about 80 cents a pack?

I wouldnā€™t want to pay more than 80 cents for a pack of those in Taiwan.

Iā€™m not talking about prepackaged crap like Oscar Meyer. Iā€™m talking about higher quality, deli counter slices like mortadella.

5 Likes

Try their mortadela. They have a very special one now in stock, with pistachio.

2 Likes

@meatstore , can you do thin slices of mortadella? I mean like paper thin. And deliver to Sanxia (New Taipei City )? Prefer it with nothing added in like pistachios. Just plain thin slices.