Medical exam for working permit and resident visa

Hi,

I’m hoping someone on here will be able to help or advise me.

I would like to apply for a working permit and resident visa in Taiwan, but I’m not sure if I will pass the medical check-up.

I have high blood pressure and I take medicine to control this. Will this be an issue?

Thanks

J

[quote=“LemonadeJoe”]Hi,

I’m hoping someone on here will be able to help or advise me.

I would like to apply for a working permit and resident visa in Taiwan, but I’m not sure if I will pass the medical check-up.

I have high blood pressure and I take medicine to control this. Will this be an issue?

Thanks

J[/quote]

They do check for it. I once registered a little high and the Dr. just advised me to watch my diet and quit smoking but they put me through anyway. I guess it would depend on how high. Wouldn’t your meds mask the readings anyway?

Good luck.

No, but you wil be grateful when NHI kicks in and you get your meds for 10 to 15 USD a month.

My meds cost only a few cents / month. But in reality they cost me nothing because I live and work in the UK and everyone here receives free medical care (well, not free, it’s paid for through taxes).

Yes, my meds will mask the blood pressure problem. But I don’t want to have to lie on my application form :bow:

I got high blood pressure.

2 health checks, they were worried about me each time.

Got 2 work permits, so its not an issue.

My meds cost only a few cents / month. But in reality they cost me nothing because I live and work in the UK and everyone here receives free medical care (well, not free, it’s paid for through taxes).

Yes, my meds will mask the blood pressure problem. But I don’t want to have to lie on my application form :bow:[/quote]

Oh, well then it will be a bit more expensive. Maybe premium will be cheaper? I am trying to find a silver lining here.

Anyways, you do not need to lie. As said, what they are looking for is stuff like AIDS, STDs, lepra, TB. Chronic conditions are not an issue. You are not here to run a marathon carrying a 20 kilo sack of cement. You are here to teach kids, that’s harder. :smiley:

As an old guy who has signed up to do his first half-marathon next March, I feel relieved :thumbsup: