Medicare, choices and freedom

Perhaps you’re right, but that’s not in their plans. Of course it will never happen because very few people want it.

Sorry. was trying to change it to a new topic but I got sidetracked with getting off the bus. Fixed it.

Well the good things about plans is that they are not laws. So, there’s always room to change.

I can’t check my email while getting off a bus, so no worries.

While true, their plan is still to make me get a government plan, so there is no hyperbole there.

That’s a valid point. But even if they’re enrolled medicare.

Like. Everyone is enrolled in Medicare in Canada for no out of pocket expenses, yet private insurers exist. Nobody’s stopping us from buying private insurance. So I really wanna understand, would Bernie’s plan force insurers to close?

1 Like

In there plan, somewhere it says “We must force Mithrandir to have our insurance” ?

Yes.

So you’re down for medicare, as long as you can buy private insurance if you want.

I don’t think I’m named, either by my handle or real name, but Bernie and Warren would do away with private insurance. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/medicare-for-all/

1 Like

I’m willing to consider it. I don’t have a conceptual or ideological argument against it so far, but the devil is in the details.

I’m familiar with the plans put forth. But I’m taking a bit of piss with your posts. To frame your position as “they want to force me” reads like hyperbole.

If a factual statement about their plans reads like hyperbole to you, that says more about you. Bernie and Warren want to take away my private insurance and force me onto Medicare. That is a fact.

Government is for profit. It just pretends not to be.

If I have to give my money to someone, let it be someone who doesn’t try to gaslight me about wanting my money.

Been there done that. :smoker: