Meet Sophia - new Swedish restaurant

There’s a new Swedish restaurant in town called Meet Sophia.
I wouldn’t say that the food is super authentic, nor very fancy, but it’s at least very affordable.
It’s a small place with a Swedish owner and most things cost between NT$160-200
The address is No. 8, Lane 8, Shijian Street, Beitou district, Taipei city, 台北北投區實踐街82巷8號

Yeah, passed by it the other day, it’s right around the corner from me. The menu is small and not particularly Swedish looking, but interesting and reasonably priced. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

They’re not serving anything from Ikea no? That would be a no-no.

Well, the cake they server is most definitely from Ikea, as for the rest, I’m not sure, but the meatballs didn’t appear to be home made, but I could be wrong, as there are so many different ways of making them. As I said, not fantastic, but very affordable.
Excuse the terrible picture, but it’s meant to be the menu

I’ve been getting all my Swedish food at the Ikea cafeteria.

The menu is dominated by Chinese + pasta. Are you sure it is a Swedish restaurant?

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Well, the cake they server is most definitely from Ikea, as for the rest, I’m not sure, but the meatballs didn’t appear to be home made, but I could be wrong, as there are so many different ways of making them. As I said, not fantastic, but very affordable.
Excuse the terrible picture, but it’s meant to be the menu
[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: Swedish food? You kid me not la?
OK, they might have a Swedish flag to let you feel home Swede, but it is just the same as all other want-to-be-refelctions-of-Europe tea house here.
I’ll pass for a while , but thanks for the heads-up anyway

So what? Swedish people don’t eat pasta? :ohreally:
And yes, half of the menu is local food, but you don’t have to order that.
Anyhow, my German friend thought it was good, but I didn’t think it was fantastic. Maybe with some encouragement the owner will improve upon the menu. I don’t exactly live nearby so it’s unlikely I’ll be back any time soon, I mere wanted to point this out as an alternative place for those that fancied a bit of western style food in the area and I have no involvement with the business.
Swedish restaurant or not, the owner is at least a Swede, but I guess the menu might not reflect that 100% although he pointed out that he doesn’t cook the stuff on the middle of the menu.

I’ve only been to one Swedish restaurant here, this one. I can hardly think of anything less like Ikea food. I thought it was amazing.

Would it be worth Meeting Sophia ? :howyoudoin:
Please tell us she is Swedish :lick:

I stopped reading the menu at ‘San Bei Ji’ :wink:

Look, don’t shoot the messenger, I just wanted to make you aware of another eatery, I’m not trying to make anyone go there. But I guess in the future I’ll refrain from any similar posts as I don’t need to get all this kind of shit for trying to nice… :imp:

If not you, I’ll be posting a review soon. I’m pretty excited just to have a foreigner-run restaurant nearby, lol.

[quote]TheLostSwede
Look, don’t shoot the messenger, I just wanted to make you aware of another eatery, I’m not trying to make anyone go there. But I guess in the future I’ll refrain from any similar posts as I don’t need to get all this kind of shit for trying to nice…[/quote]
The comments are not personal. Please don’t feel offended and do keep us posted of any new restaurant information.

It would be nice to have more Swedish dishes on the menu to qualify it as a Swedish restaurant. But, even as is, if the foods are good, it is still a place worthy of recommendation. The price for those Chinese entries are surely enticing.

[quote=“LPeterC”][quote]TheLostSwede
Look, don’t shoot the messenger, I just wanted to make you aware of another eatery, I’m not trying to make anyone go there. But I guess in the future I’ll refrain from any similar posts as I don’t need to get all this kind of shit for trying to nice…[/quote]

The comments are not personal. Please don’t feel offended and do keep us posted of any new restaurant information.
[/quote]

Correct. I thought Swede would understand funny remarks are not personal. Well if so, let’s all remain stiff and not devert. :s

If a belgian Rstaurant would open with such a Menu, I would criticize it first hand (despite it being Belgian thus maybe having 50 kinds of beer). :smiley:

Well it is funny…a Swedish restaurant with mostly Chinese menu.

LostSwede. Don’t take the snide comments personally. They are only joking. Please keep posting your reviews and restaurant info. I (and many others) like them very much. :thumbsup:

At least some people read your reviews. :laughing:

Finally went here, it was good. We had both the pork and potatoes and meatballs. both good. minor complaint in that a couple of things on the menu were unavailable that day. owner and staff very friendly. i’ll be back.

LostSwede. Don’t take the snide comments personally. They are only joking. Please keep posting your reviews and restaurant info. I (and many others) like them very much. :thumbsup:

At least some people read your reviews. :laughing:[/quote]

Yes, LostSwede. Don’t let the snide comments get to you.

Please do continue to post information about new restaurants. You’ve been a great source of information about bread, in particular.

Thanks for posting about this restaurant. I’ll stop in and give it a try, if I am in the area.

TheLostSwede, or anyone else who knows, what exactly is typical Swedish food? My mother was Danish, I would imagine there might be some crossover food fare there.