Megaport Festival (大港開唱) scalper tickets?

I want to go to 大港 to see Elephant Gym. Quick question: can a one day ticket be used on either day but only one day, or is it limited to a specific day (1st or 2nd)?

That said, all the tix sold out ages ago. Anyone know a good place to go and get pay a shitton of money to get tix from some reseller? Appreciate all and any help :smiley:

I think they asked for ID while booking tickets. It might not be possible to get scalper tickets. I’m looking for one myself, but no success.

1 Like

:frowning:

good to know

just angry because Taiwanese band doing an Asian tour and has only one concert in Taiwan, in a small concert hall in KS. Like wtf. Oh well.

Join the Megaporter FB group. Otherwise turn up on the day and look for a yellow cow. I’ve never failed to get into any event in Taiwan, there’s always someone selling tickets.

Also it’s not hard to catch an Elephant Gym gig. I’ve seen them around six times already.

What’s a yellow cow? Is it like some universal symbol in Taiwan for scalpers?

The Mandarin term for scalped tickets is 黃牛票 (huáng niú piào). 黃牛 means ox/cattle and not literally “yellow cow”.

The origin of this usage? I guess a lot of people going after a small number of tickets resembles a herd of cattle in some way…

1 Like

黃牛. Yes

Yeah it’s very unpoetic. Going after tickets like a herd of cattle.

I’ve never seen cattle buying tickets myself.

If I buy them there, is it usually through some sort of paypal thing or should I explicitly look for local to me (so Taichung)? And is there anything about the ID related to the tickets, as DunderMifflin mentioned?

It can also mean “to renege on a promise”, maybe there’s a connection there.

1 Like

To shed some more light, for other music festivals that I’ve gone to in Taiwan - there has been no Resident/ARC ID associated with the ticket and it’s usually just a QR code - so it has been easy to resell them if required. For Megaport, however, they require the ID card so I’m not sure how easy it would be to get scalped tickets.

Not sure for Megaport but whoever sells you the ticket takes cash and then makes sure you get in at the entrance. If QR codes are involved the obvious scam is someone could send you the QR code but only the first person to present with the QR code can get in.

1 Like

Ok one last question: can you link me the FB group? I feel like i’ve come across a few

大港客 Megaporter

scalpers selling tickets to events at inflated prices could face fines of between 10 and 50 times the face value of the scalped tickets, up to a maximum of NT$3 million, as well as a prison sentence of up to three years

1 Like

This would be more of a silver lining if anything here had enough seats for the amount of people… The cao dong Tickets for example were fucking ridiculous. Like 11,000 seats across 9 concerts for a band getting millions of hits.

1 Like

Yeah same with basketball now…