"Members Only"

Seems to me like new posters aren’t welcome on this forum.

Someone asks about lady fiends in Taiwan, he gets attacked.

Why, for no apparent reason at all, I too was savagely attacked here. First it was my so-called “countryman”, twonavels, who couldn’t respond to my post in a decent manner. Oh no, she had to resort to threatening innuendoes.

Next up was blueface666, who ripped me apart after I commended his unique writing style.

Tigerman, when faced with the realization that he wasn’t doing exactly what the other members of this exclusive club were, saw fit to use cuss words when addressing yours truly.

There were others of course, but I think that you get my point.

My message is clear:

Step down and - sorry, wrong message. Here’s the correct one:

To all y’all users who have never posted before, post! Let’s make this forum fun and light-hearted once more! It’s OK if you’re under 30 years of age, let’s have some good reading! Heed my call!

C’mon mods, admit it; these forums have been a bit dull of late.

A True Forumosan

Coroner

When you’re right, you’re right…you’ll probably find this dull too.

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=104485#104485

:laughing:

Yes…you can read about this on the psycho xiaojie threads!:lol:

Coroner, you must learn to roll with the punches. The four pillars, et al, will respect you more and welcome you to their coffee clutch if you can toss it back at them with equal cynicism. No whining, please! :unamused:
If you want nice smiling welcoming lovely members, there are plenty of christian forums you could frequent.

Take the Cynics test here

Not quite. I don’t care much about any of your idiotic posts.

My only comment was in regard to your statement that a photo of a mother breastfeeding her baby was somehow “humiliating” to the person who posted the same.

If you feel that such a sight is humiliating, then I think you’re fucked up.

That’s all.

I jumped on that guy looking for “lady friends” because I felt he was dishonest. If he had said, “I am coming to Taiwan and I want some action” then I would be happy to help out (not me personally :? , but perhaps let him know where he can get serviced). But that stuff about, “I want a young, attractive, blah, blah, blah to be my tour guide and dinner companion” was a load of horseshit. It was most certainly not a “Language Exchange”.

I don’t usually find myself defending Tigerman but he was absolutely right to take you to task for suggesting a breastfeeding photo of one’s own child and wife is somehow humiliating. If you disagree come back with a counter-argument. Don’t sulk away and plot an indirect revenge.

Perhaps the beginning of a new trend, Mucha Man? :wink:

Coroner, I’m sure other new posters feel as you do, but that’s life. You’ll find the same thing in clubs, at work, at school, etc. – it takes time for people to get to know each other and for newcomers to get a feel for the scene. For example, you’ll soon learn that blueface’s humor skills have developed little since his days in high school (or the army at the latest), and that him calling someone rude names is as good as it gets with him (really, it’s too bad forumosa isn’t equipped to allow posters to make farting noises, because I’m sure blueface would blow – pun attended – us all away in this area. Bet he can do some good ones with his armpit, too). So, either try to regress a bit and insult back, or just ignore him. (That’s just an example, no intention to pick on blueface, natch.)

Keep on posting!

Or do what I do and stay away from people like Blueface (just joking, love ya really smooch) and Fred Smith (I do mean it this time, stay away from him) and the other (male) ‘members’. There’s plenty of nice people here, like Hakkasonic for example. Keep out of the “Country X is a poof” threads, and join in our other threads about puppies and other nice things.

If you waltz into a room of strangers and act like an asshole, you’ll get the response you deserve. So you’re upset because you started threads like:

Where can I find the hot chicks in Taipei?
Want to meet Taiwan ladiez for “language exchange”
English Teachers: How much do you drink?
Why do so many people hate George Bush? (posts one message that’s just a list he got spammed in his e-mail, then runs away when other posters start an actual debate)
Help, I’ve been sexually harrassing this secretary at my office by crossing my legs and she wants to sue me, what should I do?

…and you weren’t given the warm welcome you expected. Forums are like any other group - if you want to make friends, first you have to start off friendly. Then, once you’re in the group, then you can get away with being a rude asshole hurling crude insults (sometimes). You have to earn your assholery, in other words.

To be honest, I didn’t think it was humiliating, but rather in poor taste. Perhaps it is because I didn’t grow up in the free-love sixties, but breast feeding is something that should be a private matter, like other bodily functions. Yes, every mother breast feeds (or has the potential to) just as everyone urinates or blows their nose or farts. But this is no reason to assume that everyone, ie the viewers of this forum, wish to look at these acts.
Also, I did not understand the point of putting such an image in the public domain. Why not a picture of the infant itself, or with its mother and father? Why must I look at a breast to see the infant? Am I missing the subtext here? Is it to say that the woman pictured has tiny breasts but can still breast feed? Is it some sort of heart-warming vision of family? Or biology?
I was not offended or anything, but I thought, “I could have done without having looked at that.” It made me a bit uncomfortable as if I were a peeping Tom…er…Wolf.

(Oh, Coroner. I haven’t slagged you off yet.)

I wasn’t meaning to pick on blueface in general, just his tendency to go from providing useful (flaming projectile gerbil) info to unleashing lame, macho one-liners and unneeded insults. But agree on staying away from wankers starting “people from country X are poofs” threads - this reeks of an agenda. And can confirm your statement that HS is nice: today alone, I helped a group of old ladies cross the road, served meals to the homeless, climbed a sixty foot tree to untangle some some kids’ kites, explained over a two-martini lunch to President Chen how to boost Taiwan’s economy and neutered all the stray dogs in my neighborhood. Later on, I’ll go to the temple to pray that your avatar featuring Matthew Lien - which someone has obviously stolen – returns.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]I’ll go to the temple to pray that your avatar featuring Matthew Lien - which someone has obviously stolen – returns.[/quote]Matthew Lien wasn’t stolen, I stopped looking at your avatar, and I eventually turned back in to mild mannered Matthew.
Kitty was stolen, and turned into a freaky-looking evil twin/clone. A ransom of $G10 has been paid and I am now awaiting kitty’s safe return.

I think he was just a proud pappa caught up in the moment. Poor taste would have been the baby’s head sticking out of the orifice, not that I want to give him any ideas. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As long as the puppies aren’t riddled with tumors and mange. Yeah.

When I first started posting here, I tried to comment only when I had something objective and innocuous to post. After folks got to know me, I started giving my opinion. What mod lang and Hakka Sonic wrote is true. If you don’t know anyone at the party, keep a low profile until the members of the group realize you’re okay. Then, it is safe to show a bit of your wilder side.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As long as the puppies aren’t riddled with tumors and mange. Yeah.[/quote]No, they are cute fluffy puppies. Not communist or muslim puppies, or anti-country X puppies. Just lovely puppies, just like me.

I think you have rushed into going toe-to-toe with people when you haven’t really made a name for yourself. That face icon with the x’s under their names means that they tend to be cranky (albeit usually lovable and informative) posters. They can run circles around you if you want to try to argue with them so as a newbie I would highly recommend not doing so. Start off small, posting on the light-hearted threads and avoid the more controversial ones like ones on politics and you’ll make fewer enemies that way. Also avoid posting dumb shit like “looking for girl near my home” on someone else’s housing ad. What was your purpose for doing that? Honestly. Oh, and tossing around personal insults at people who don’t like what you have to say is something better suited for elementary school playgrounds or tealit.com (same diff), not forumosa. That goes for everyone. Ugh.

Hope this helps. Think before you post. Don’t just post what you think.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I think you have rushed into going toe-to-toe with people when you haven’t really made a name for yourself. That face icon with the x’s under their names means that they tend to be cranky (albeit usually lovable and informative) posters. They can run circles around you if you want to try to argue with them so as a newbie I would highly recommend not doing so. Start off small, posting on the light-hearted threads and avoid the more controversial ones like ones on politics and you’ll make fewer enemies that way. Also avoid posting dumb shit like “looking for girl near my home” on someone else’s housing ad. What was your purpose for doing that? Honestly. Oh, and tossing around personal insults at people who don’t like what you have to say is something better suited for elementary school playgrounds or tealit.com (same diff), not forumosa. That goes for everyone. Ugh.

Hope this helps. Think before you post. Don’t just post what you think.[/quote]

I think this is good advice, as long as the poster cares what other people think. As for posting on politics, some newbie might know twice as much as the people currently posting (then again, that’s why the newbie would be under attack; those armchair political scientists would be threatened).

Why would anyone feel threatened by someone who “knows twice as much”? It would be a learning experience and as such it would be welcomed.