"Members Only"

Why would anyone feel threatened by someone who “knows twice as much”? It would be a learning experience and as such it would be welcomed.[/quote]

Depends on which part of the spectrum that person’s views fall. I refrain from posting on most of the political threads because inevitably someone is going to end up being wrong and, in desperation, start resorting to a) a) claims the opposing person is racist, sexist, fill in your ist, b) insults about the other poster’s mother (which in my mind is completely sexist – what about fathers!?), c) claims that other person is trying to shut someone up, etc. But point taken tigerman, not everyone is like that. I guess my main point was that no newbie should be dissauded from posting on political issues, but neither should that newbie expect to be treated with kid gloves if such posts are made.

Why would anyone feel threatened by someone who “knows twice as much”? It would be a learning experience and as such it would be welcomed.[/quote]

Depends on which part of the spectrum that person’s views fall. I refrain from posting on most of the political threads because inevitably someone is going to end up being wrong and, in desperation, start resorting to a) a) claims the opposing person is racist, sexist, fill in your ist, b) insults about the other poster’s mother (which in my mind is completely sexist – what about fathers!?), c) claims that other person is trying to shut someone up, etc. But point taken tigerman, not everyone is like that. I guess my main point was that no newbie should be dissauded from posting on political issues, but neither should that newbie expect to be treated with kid gloves if such posts are made.[/quote]

We would insult your father HS…but no one, not you, not even your Mama, knows who he is… :wink:

Depends on which part of the spectrum that person’s views fall. I refrain from posting on most of the political threads because inevitably someone is going to end up being wrong and, in desperation, start resorting to a) a) claims the opposing person is racist, sexist, fill in your ist, b) insults about the other poster’s mother (which in my mind is completely sexist – what about fathers!?), c) claims that other person is trying to shut someone up, etc. But point taken tigerman, not everyone is like that. I guess my main point was that no newbie should be dissauded from posting on political issues, but neither should that newbie expect to be treated with kid gloves if such posts are made.[/quote]

We would insult your father HS…but no one, not you, not even your Mama, knows who he is… :wink:[/quote]

Toe Save, I appreciate the fact that you eschew the normal sexist mode of insulting only one’s mother and give equal coverage to the fathers out there. I’d give you some guanxi, but I spent it all on yo mama this past weekend (I’ll save the details)…

You can’t have spent it all…you still have 57$…you should check out my sister next.

She said you’ve got her booked solid for the next week.

She said you’ve got her booked solid for the next week.[/quote]

Now that’s crossing a line…I ain’t no pimp daddy…

Just cuz I am PHAT, drive a big ol caddy and love even bigger hats…the way some people stereotype…sheeesh

No, I don’t book her out…but i will say you can probably negotiate with her directly and save some of that precious 58G$…

Toe Save, truce. As a firm believer in family, I will refrain from any more comments on your siblings, parents, other family members or even your pet fish.

Done…our penchants for being funny were getting lost in a hail of tackiness…mods, for my part in this, feel free to flame these last few posts…

Coroner wrote:

I don’t entirely concur with this view but I must say that I have never been tempted to enter any of the political discussions on this board because too many of the views seem to be held too firmly to be challenged.

In addition, I’m a new boy, and as such I not going to be quick to enter discussions that might finish up in an argument.

Perhaps Coroner needs to read more of what’s written here and try to pick up on what the unwritten (and written) rules are before putting finger to keyboard in future. :slight_smile:

The other advice about sticking to light-hearted topics would probably work just as well, too.