According to a 2015 reviewTrusted Source of boron literature published in IMCJ, taking a 6-mg dose of boron for just a week has the following benefits:
- increases the metabolism of the total testosterone in your body to free testosteroneTrusted Source, which is used for many sex-related functions
- increases free testosterone levels by nearly 25 percent
- reduces the amount of estradiol by nearly half
- reduces indicators of inflammation, such as interleukin and C-reactive proteins, by more than half
- allows more free testosterone to bond with proteins in your blood, which can have even more benefits as you age
Also help bone and joint health.
As men get older, testosterone levels start to lower. But what is perhaps most important is free testosterone levels available. Boron lowers Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) SHBG binds with testosterone and make them unavailable. Lower SHBG allows more testosterone to be bioavailable. High SHBG can cause many side effects like low libido, ED, and even infertility.
Very interesting stuff.