Men's Tailored Shirts?

Did they take your measurements?

A friend in Japan said the same thing about tailored shirts made from measurements - they really fit like a glove. After a week or so in the blazing heat that sucks - the clothes you actually like wearing are a bit baggier than that so you’re better off getting tailors to copy something you like.

A friend in Japan said the same thing about tailored shirts made from measurements - they really fit like a glove. After a week or so in the blazing heat that sucks - the clothes you actually like wearing are a bit baggier than that so you’re better off getting tailors to copy something you like.[/quote]Nah, tailored shirts are good for me. My neck is proportionally very thick, and I have “sharply sloping shoulders” according to the tailor. The shirts I’ve got here have been fine, if anything still slightly on the baggy side. Next time I think I’ll ask them to do darts at the back to take in some of the loose material.

Tailored shirts by measurements can be snug or baggy. Up to you and the tailor.

What they should not be is neck to tight, sleeves to short, buttons falling off, seams falling apart… which is mostly what I have found in 5 different places I’ve tried for in Taipei.

I reverted to wearing my 5 year old shirts made in Singapore and Thailand which fit right and don’t have all the problems.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]Today I went with a friend to the Takashimaya in Tianmu. They have a tailor there who seems very professional and knowledgeable. He’s certainly careful about taking all relevant measurements, and discussing with you the amount of room you need to move and feel comfortable.

You can choose your fabric from a very wide range, you can choose to have your shirt fitted or non-fitted (and the extent to which you want it fitted), you can choose your collar and cuff style, you can have your shirts monogrammed, and you can choose the style of your back pleats (or leave the back unpleated). Other little personal touches (such as one fabric for the shirt body/sleeves and another fabric for the collar/cuffs), are also available, you only have to ask. None of these ‘extras’ incur any additional charge.

There’s currently a summer special on (three shirts for NT$2,700). I ordered six, and they will take two weeks to be ready. Given that the shirts are very cheap I am not expecting anything of the standard to which Lord Lucan is accustomed, nor the standard of the tailored shirts I had made in Melbourne while I was there, but I am expecting that they’ll fit well and be wearable for a reasonable amount of time.

It’s certainly a better deal than the three cotton business shirts I bought from Muji for a total of NT$4,500. I’ll report back when I have tried them out.[/quote]

I picked these shirts up today. They fit very well, and feel great. Sleeve lengths and collar widths are perfect, which I’m very relieved about. They’re loose enough for comfort, but sufficiently fitted not to bag. The cuffs are very solid, and the collars have internal stiffening and sewn in plastic collarbones. After I’ve run them through the wash a couple of times I should have an idea of how they’ll stand up to general wear and tear.

Here are some quick shots of one of the shirts.

Where is this Takashimaya exactly?

Heh, the first photo actually shows a phone number. Should be easy.

Where is this Takashimaya exactly?

Heh, the first photo actually shows a phone number. Should be easy.[/quote]

Sorry I don’t know the address. But I took the photo of the phone number to help others find it.