Merino t-shirts

I’m trying to find v-neck merino wool t-shirts for the warmer weather but not sure where to look outside of traipsing around different hiking and sports shops for days on end.

I know there’s Icebreaker, but there’s exactly one t-shirt matching that description on their website, and in one colour. I’m also looking for other brands such as Outlier, Unbound, etc, assuming they’re to be found here. Anyone know of anywhere they can be found?

1 Like

I though Outlier—the US urban cycling clothing brand—was only available via their website. Am I wrong?

Yes I would think that the hiking and sports shops would be your best bet. If money is not object, maybe also check out some Arcteryx shops? Another possibility is Outdoor Research, with their well stocked store out in Tucheng on the Blue Line (access from Yongning Station on the Blue Line).

If you can, let us know what you find.

Guy

Have you tried Decathlon?

[Edit] Sorry, not V-neck.

1 Like

It’s way more expensive but I saw that the polo outlets in linkou have Marino and cashmere. But they are polo so again not exactly cheap

It’s not merino, but here’s alpaca wool if that interests you. Supposed to be super soft too. Men's Alpaca Wool Shirts & Tops | Soft, Breathable, Moisture-Wicking – Arms of Andes

1 Like

I’m fascinated to learn of those alpaca wool shirts. I had no idea. They do look good.

I checked out the Aclima, but no v-neck. I hate round-necked t-shirts. They always make me think of that picture of a sweaty-faced, beady-eyed Mark Zuckerberg with a thousand-mile stare.

I did find some merino v-necked shirts made by Unbound. They have a good reputation, it seems. I ordered two in black from a seller on Shopee and I have to say they are fantastic. Perfect for when the weather gets warmer…it will get warmer, won’t it…?

1 Like

Perhaps you need to step up the tech ladder with a Steve Jobs style turtle neck! :grin:

Source: https://archive.ph/yv0gX

Guy

1 Like