Methanol?

I need some to do maintenance on my motorbike. Where is it sold?

Thank you.

I’m going to assume you live in Taipei and if so then I would go to Tianshui Str and get some.

Google map Coords: 25.05284,121.51293

There are about 4-5 shops in that area that should sell it or point you to a shop that does

[quote=“Okami”]I’m going to assume you live in Taipei and if so then I would go to Tianshui Str and get some.

Google map Coords: 25.05284,121.51293

There are about 4-5 shops in that area that should sell it or point you to a shop that does[/quote]

Thanks Okami but I’m in Kaohsiung. What kind of shops are they? That might be enough for me to locate one.

How good is your Chinese? If you can read I can give you the simple answer to solve all your sourcing problems.

-Go to a Chunghua telecom branch and pick up a free yellow pages phone book
-Locations: cht.com.tw/ServiceCat.php?Pa … &CatID=265
-Look up 化學工業, should be the 22nd topic
-Under it you want to look up 化學原料, go to that page and look for the bigger ads, note the address and put it in google map if you are a smart monkey or look it up in your map book. I’d ignore any normal ad, because a lot of time it’s somebody’s house with no business. :s

U.S. manufactured bikes already have a filter in place. I belived this was the case here until I went for service on a new 150. They were absolutely confused about a filter from the fuel. That made me wonder so I found an old parts bike and showed them I also wanted a clean air filter. Nobody had a clue. So . . . .new service rep. Not sure I got what I wanted but I’m on the road. I really doubt I got a fuel filter but I watched with the air filter and got what I wanted. Different service at different shops. I had found one that was really good and of course, when I went back, it’s now a 7-11. DIY is the best answer.

[quote=“Okami”]How good is your Chinese? If you can read I can give you the simple answer to solve all your sourcing problems.

-Go to a Chunghua telecom branch and pick up a free yellow pages phone book
-Locations: cht.com.tw/ServiceCat.php?Pa … &CatID=265
-Look up 化學工業, should be the 22nd topic
-Under it you want to look up 化學原料, go to that page and look for the bigger ads, note the address and put it in google map if you are a smart monkey or look it up in your map book. I’d ignore any normal ad, because a lot of time it’s somebody’s house with no business. :s[/quote]

Got it! I think I know where to go. Xie xie, Okami! :slight_smile: