#metoo makes sports less fun

That sounds as crazy as that nazism is represented by some psycopath with short mustache.

Yes, most modern feminists have no real intentions of equality like her. They all have a messed up agenda thatā€™s mask with the benevolent idea of equality. They always fall back to so you donā€™t believe in equality for men and women when backed into a corner.

Considering Nazism was literally invented by him, it sounds, ummm, crazy. Iā€™ll definitely say that. Hey enough of this, Iā€™m on vacation.

Youā€™re not allowed!

Have some cake.

All for you!

nahhh, there have been Nazis since the dawn of time. He just gave it a name and made it fashionable.

2 Likes

Not sure there was ever anything like Nazism.

1 Like

Youā€™re kidding, right? genocides? lunatics driving them? mystical nutters? megalomaniacs?

2 Likes

They broke a lot of ground. Nevertheless, me droogies, the point is that he invented the movement called Nazism, and wasnā€™t like some random guy just walking around being a pain in the ass.

IDk @tempogain I usually think you have some merit to your comments even if I disagree. But thereā€™s always been extreme nationalism based on ethnic identity ruled by totalitarian style leaders that had no issue massacring other groups.

2 Likes

If core values of nazism are extreme nationalism and belief in racial purity, an industrial machine which is directed by the State to provide military funds, and quasi-religious ideals, then there have been a lot of ā€˜Naziā€™ regimes in ancient history. Obvious example would be the late Roman Republic. Hitler actually borrowed some iconography and PR ideas from them.

2 Likes

@tempogain return your badge and weapon.

1 Like

@mad_masala said nazism; I blame him totally for this exchange, including any errors, real or imagined, that I may have made.

That being said, my only point was that the comparison does not hold water. I tried to make that point in a lighthearted fashion. Iā€™m too far away from Taiwan to get mixed up in a conversation about Nazism on forumosa, so I will respectfully bow out here :bow:

And purging of Jews wasnā€™t nothing new in Europe. I often think European nations uses hitler to avoid facing that before the Nazis different European nation states, ethnic groups, etc have done similar things. England for example explled all Jews out once in the 1200s and killed many as well during that time. There were many incidents like that in Europe, also common during the plague time when Jews were often blamed and killed in mob fashion.

Thatā€™s true. It had been going on for decades if not centuries, although I donā€™t think anyone mechanized it to the extent Hitler did. Worth reading Niall Fergusonā€™s ā€œWar of the Worldā€ for a good description.

He also developed the concept of blitzkrieg, a way to conquer while avoiding losses both to his troops and the opponentā€™s troops and civilians.
Was Hitler an humanitarian? Following the example of recent leaders, should he receive a nobel prize for peace?
I guess weā€™ll never find out.

This ignores the occultism and the drug addiction (methamphetamine) rampant in the Nazi rise to global power. For example, the first blitzkrieg, a Wehrmacht offensive into Poland, was possible only due to the use by Wehrmacht troops of meth taken orally. In fact, Hitlerā€™s regime can be seen as an ad absurdum proof of the long term ā€˜valueā€™ to humanity of amphetamines.

Iā€™m with tempogain in concluding that there has never been anything exactly like the Nazi third reich in human history. I would not underestimate the effect of either the occult or of drugs in any list of worst-ever authoritarian governments, for obvious reasons.

I feel like the occult part was mostly fictional. Drugs however were interesting. We know psycho stimulants can really mess with your mental health. Short term it might be helpful to have soldiers being up and hyper alert for days. But no way that they didnā€™t go crazy after a while. Not sleeping enough and being hyper alert is not something that goes well in a middle of a war.

And that is how it went for the Third Reich. They were virgins to the addictive power of amphetamines, and ergo unwittingly trumpeted the value of amphetamines to the Reich. It took enormous discipline by academics within the Reich to admit any negative side effects to amphetamine use, and that recognition only happened after the Reichā€™s loss in the Battle of Stalingrad. The result of that battle was a defensive retreat to Berlin (from the German perspective), which occurred after German academia had belatedly yet objectively concluded that amphetamine use was counter-productive for use in battle.