Mexican fisherman rescued after 9 months adrift

Mexican fisherman rescued after 9 months adrift.

[quote]Three Mexican fishermen who disappeared in the Pacific Ocean nine months ago have been rescued nearly 8,000 kilometres from their home, saying they survived by eating seagulls, drinking rainwater and reading the Bible.

A Taiwanese tuna boat scooped the men out of the water about halfway between Hawaii and Australia on Aug. 9. They had drifted all the way from San Blas, a fishing village about 160 kilometres north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where they were last seen in late October or early November, 2005.[/quote]

That’s pretty amazing! I’m surprised they didn’t end up eating each other. :sick:

[quote=“sjcma”]Mexican fisherman rescued after 9 months adrift.

[quote]Three Mexican fishermen who disappeared in the Pacific Ocean nine months ago have been rescued nearly 8,000 kilometres from their home, saying they survived by eating seagulls, drinking rainwater and reading the Bible.

A Taiwanese tuna boat scooped the men out of the water about halfway between Hawaii and Australia on Aug. 9. They had drifted all the way from San Blas, a fishing village about 160 kilometres north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where they were last seen in late October or early November, 2005.[/quote]

That’s pretty amazing! I’m surprised they didn’t end up eating each other. :sick:[/quote]

Good old Taiwanese fishermen. Bet them Mexicans were a whole lot thinner than nine months ago…

That happened to me before…

The Mexican fishhermen or the rescue or 9 months adrift? :wink:

Hmmm, or maybe they had been to the Asian flesh pots and didn’t want their wives to know?

As for the eating eachother comment; I heard 9 of them got in that boat :laughing:

Just an observation… They were in a fishing boat, right? Could they have maybe, uh caught some fish to eat?

Maybe they don’t like Mexican food.

I’m very surprised they didn’t toss them right back.

HG

[quote=“sjcma”]Mexican fisherman rescued after 9 months adrift.

That’s pretty amazing! I’m surprised they didn’t end up eating each other. :sick:[/quote]

It is an amzing story. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what the story is.

From your link:

From other sources:

[quote]Mexican fishermen found after 11 months at sea

Three Mexican fishermen found drifting in the Pacific Ocean could have been lost for almost a year and two others were missing and presumed dead, the manager of a fishing company that rescued them said yesterday. [/quote]
lexpress.mu/display_article. … s_id=70783

news.independent.co.uk/world/ame … 219727.ece

theage.com.au/news/world/mis … 83955.html

[quote]One of three Mexican fishermen who say they spent nine months adrift on the ocean before being rescued off the Marshall Islands last week said the boat originally had five men aboard, but that two of them died and were thrown overboard . . .

the Mexican government could not collaborate or discount the fishermen’s claims that they spent nine months at sea surviving on rain water, raw fish and faith, because they were never officially reported as missing. [/quote]
signonsandiego.com/news/mexi … scued.html

Regardless, I believe they were out there for many months and made an amazing voyage. Here’s where they were picked up.

news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsi … 799973.stm

Coming to do the jobs Taiwanese just won’t do.

Testing the employment waters…

Farkin’ 'ell! I’m right now reading Tim Severin’s book about searching for any truth behind Melville’s Moby Dick story and its got lots of stories about the most amazing sea voyages and survival stories you could imagine.

Aren’t you supposed to be, you know, like working or sumfin?

HG

No, I’m out looking for child prozzies. Need something to while away the taxi ride.

To those guys, a burrito never looked better.

Also, mind you they had a Bible with them. Behold the sustaining power of the Lord. conversion rant over :smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”]To those guys, a burrito never looked better.

Also, mind you they had a Bible with them. Behold the sustaining power of the Lord. conversion rant over :smiley:[/quote]

So the ones that didn’t make it? Was it not enough fish or not enough faith?

Not enough rain water…