Michael Brown is selling ... who's going to buy?

Brown to start emergency planning consulting business

[quote]“If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses – because that goes straight to the bottom line – then I hope I can help the country in some way,” Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to “take inventory” of what’s going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.[/quote]

Right… in the GOP alternate universe of things, emergency management officials need to be prepared not to look unaware.

You see, when it comes to everything that the Bush administration does, it all comes down to image – style over substance. It’s OK to prance about on a carrier deck in a flight suit and pretend the war’s over … just don’t let the rising body count get in the way. Likewise, the real crime in stopping to get a multi-course meal served at a Baton Rouge gourmet restaurant instead of taking phone calls about the disaster going on in the Super Dome is getting found out by the media.

“Hurricane Katrina showed how bad disasters can be, and there’s an incredible need for individuals and businesses to understand how important preparedness is.”
– Michael Brown

:slight_smile:

I can’t believe they allowed this guy to get away. We need people like him in the Bush administration.

I’m wondering which company wants to be the first to hire him as a consultant. Might be a way to ensure a really low stock price.