Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand Awards South - 27 in Tainan/47 Total

A lot of places, surprised

4 Likes

Hope you can try out some of the newly minted Kaohsiung recommendations and let us know what you think.

Guy

1 Like

Except it seems the local culture here is such that those places are going to be very busy for the foreseeable future

Michelin Wars Kaohsiung needs to be its own topic.

1 Like

I’ve had one restaurant owner ID me, another I’m pretty sure knows who I am, so now trying to keep a lower profile…

1 Like

ha, Duck Zen鴨肉珍 is on the list, good but I think some others are better will post when I have time

Also 甲仙 仙香飲食店 , is remote but good! Also surprised to see this

1 Like

@Marco, do we really need this posted a 3rd time?

This topic is only for Southern Taiwan.

@afterspivak’s topic is only for Greater Taipei.

1 Like

Some of choices seems not the best, on Google some the scores are not very high, odd.

1 Like

Honestly, I find some google review scores in Taiwan to be mysterious. Very high (too high) scores for some mediocre places with a “kind boss”; low scores (too low) for places that some people think is “too expensive” even if the place serves excellent food. :neutral_face:

Guy

No stars have reportedly been awarded to establishments in Tainan; two establishments in Kaohsiung have received stars for the first time: Liberté and Sho承.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202208300019

Guy

1 Like

Good places if the same ones near IKEA/COSTCO. If the same ones I am thinking of they almost the same place, bit odd both got awarded. Anyways a good Japanese place with interesting chef. On a side note, good Japanese place but many Japanese residents of visitors also like try local food, or Chinese food fav’s in Japan.

Liberté serves French food, no?

Guy

The other one 承 Sho

2 Likes

Oh, sticking to Liberté: apparently it was started by a Japanese man named Takeda.

I wonder if anyone has tried it?

Guy

I mentioned it here, not a fan French-Japanese/Asian so did not try it. 承 Sho is good, but my favorite Japanese chef in KHH moved back to Japan (that place I think food vs. price to good!) 承 Sho a least for me maybe once a year as it’s expensive to me.

and while good for 承 Sho, maybe now hard to get a seat, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

Also interesting backdrop there too at Liberté it seems after searching it ! (承 Sho boss I thought started out fixing cars, big job and life chnage too !)

I have been here (Thomas Chien ), there is a full service restaurant, and cheaper cafe next door both nice. Glad the expensive one is still there, went a few years ago for company dinner and was not many people there. (Food was great! though(

1 Like

This one I go a bit more, once a month. Moderate prices like Din Tai Fung prices, good food

3 Likes

Nice looking veggie dumplings!

Guy

1 Like

yeah, nice dumplings, soups and some expensive seafood. Had a family visit from Taipei, their young kids was fixed on the window watching them make the dumplings and buns/bao. Its in the upper mid levels of the hotel side of the Hanshin mall (the older one).

This one visitors to KHH, should go here and try

2 Likes