Microaggressions, whitey's new source for manufactured outrage

This new habit of tagging everything bad that happens in our life in Taiwan as a ‘microaggression’ is becoming ridiculous. I realize that guy in Japan wrote a compelling article that many of us can relate to, but I just can’t buy into every stupid thing that happens here that I may not particularly like to be some nefarious plan to annoy or intimidate me by the collective masses.

I had a bit of constipation this morning, is my GI tract ‘microaggressing’ me? Ya know, I’d almost prefer it if I couldn’t poop at all, at least I’d know where I stand, but this little bit now, and struggle for a bit later, that is borderline evil, I see through its facade, and I know it is fucking with me!

No matter where you are in the world there are aggressive acts towards everyone all the time. It is called life. I’d much rather have someone tell me their surprise to my advanced chopsticking skills than pull up their shirt and show me the handle of a gun in their underwear, and I’d much rather have someone tell me my Chinese is good in small chat than to have some fat annoying bitch yell “excuse me Sir” in a rude manner to get my attention because I was not standing in the right place in a public space back home.

This need for constant outrage that we so often seek is fucking pathetic. We have the run of the house for the most part here in Taiwan and people want to continue to dwell on absolutely asinine shit and act offended like we are victims of some subtle mind game which is equal to or worse than overt racism.

The fuck out with that nonsense!

You want some aggressive treatment, come back in your next life as an Indonesian and clean toilets 6 and 1/2 days a week for some ungrateful fuck who truly doesn’t respect you or your culture and then cry me a river.

Life in Taiwan is good for whitey, and those who think otherwise would complain about anything, anywhere.

“Shut up, be happy.”
-Jello Biafra

I agree with you 100%, Double D.

Life really is what you make of it. The victim’s perspective is very appealing because there’s no responsibility required if you’re the victim. It’s someone else’s fault. It’s society’s fault. “They” are all screwed up, not me. You don’t have to be self-aware; you don’t have to admit that your mindset is what’s causing many of your problems; you don’t have to examine your assumptions about people; you don’t have to invest the effort required to change.

And best of luck with that concrete turtle head. You might try having a bowl of oatmeal with some nuts and fruit stirred it. Does the trick for me.

So, you’re full of shit, huh. :smiley:

So, you’re full of shit, huh. :smiley:[/quote]

No, you see, my GI tract’s microaggressive behavior towards me has put me in a position to be full of shit, had it been straight with me in its dealings I would either be pooping freely or completely bunged up, but because of its nefarious culture, and underhandedness it has put me in this netherworld of mixed emotions and loose stool.

I am not full of shit!!! My GI tract is fucking with me, I am normally an easy going, friendly, free-pooping person, but I am at a point where I have had enough, need to blame someone or something for how I feel, cannot look inward and blame myself or the food choice I made, or the lifestyle I have been living, NO SIR, it is the GI tract and its constant microaggressive behavior that made me this way.

Those microshits should get tiresome after a while.

the double entendre potential in this thread is macro.

I’m a little disturbed that replies to Deuce Dropper’s salient OP have been reduced to childish, scatological puns. :unamused:

Whatever. Microagression at work from the REAL aggressors.

I can’t say I’ve ever felt myself victimized by these microaggression thingies in Taiwan. But I have been most egregiously victimized, unbearably taunted and emotionally scarred by the prevalence of microskirts and microshorts flaunted in my vision whenever I go out and about.

For heaven’s sake, they’re absolutely every-bloody-where, especially now that the weather’s smouldering up. Slender, shapely, silky-smooth legs, naked from ankle to upper thigh, exposed to within mere millimeters of pert posteriors, brazenly showcasing their heavenly junction at the cloven mound of amour. They suck at my attention, work me up into a frenzy of lust, and tease me with their irresistible allure.

But I, as a man enchained in marriage, am precluded from attaining enjoyment of them except with my eyes. All I can do is leer, salivate, pant, fantasize, and empty my excitement into a tissue.

Why do they need to torture me so cruelly? What have they got against me? Is it because I’m a man? Are they deliberately flinging my maleness into my face as a way to assert their feminine identity, their pride in belonging to a sisterhood on the better side of an untraversable divide?

Why, oh wailingly and plaintively why, must I have to suffer as a victim of this inhumane discrimination, this soul-asphyxiating display of their themness pitted so rawly and aggressively against my otherness?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]We have the run of the house for the most part here in Taiwan and people want to continue to dwell on absolutely asinine shit and act offended like we are victims of some subtle mind game which is equal to or worse than overt racism.

The fuck out with that nonsense![/quote]
Agreed.

Microshits are known as Chicken Mc Nuggets – just thought I would share that nanomicrosecondagression with you all.

PseudomicroagressiveMcWankers. I’ve coined a new term! :thumbsup:

Such a micromccainsovenchipsagressive comment, from a moderator too! :whistle:

:bravo: That is about the sum of it. Microaggressions, nanoaggressions . . . picoaggressions?

:bravo: That is about the sum of it. Microaggressions, nanoaggressions . . . picoaggressions?[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I think there is more chance of finding the Higgs Boson, if you catch my drift.

Such a micromccainsovenchipsagressive comment, from a moderator too! :whistle:[/quote]
We need a microMcSpellcheck on this one, please :ponder:

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]This new habit of tagging everything bad that happens in our life in Taiwan as a ‘microaggression’ is becoming ridiculous. I realize that guy in Japan wrote a compelling article that many of us can relate to, but I just can’t buy into every stupid thing that happens here that I may not particularly like to be some nefarious plan to annoy or intimidate me by the collective masses.

I had a bit of constipation this morning, is my GI tract ‘microaggressing’ me? Ya know, I’d almost prefer it if I couldn’t poop at all, at least I’d know where I stand, but this little bit now, and struggle for a bit later, that is borderline evil, I see through its facade, and I know it is fucking with me!

No matter where you are in the world there are aggressive acts towards everyone all the time. It is called life. I’d much rather have someone tell me their surprise to my advanced chopsticking skills than pull up their shirt and show me the handle of a gun in their underwear, and I’d much rather have someone tell me my Chinese is good in small chat than to have some fat annoying bitch yell “excuse me Sir” in a rude manner to get my attention because I was not standing in the right place in a public space back home.

This need for constant outrage that we so often seek is fucking pathetic. We have the run of the house for the most part here in Taiwan and people want to continue to dwell on absolutely asinine shit and act offended like we are victims of some subtle mind game which is equal to or worse than overt racism.

The fuck out with that nonsense!

You want some aggressive treatment, come back in your next life as an Indonesian and clean toilets 6 and 1/2 days a week for some ungrateful fuck who truly doesn’t respect you or your culture and then cry me a river.

Life in Taiwan is good for whitey, and those who think otherwise would complain about anything, anywhere.

“Shut up, be happy.”
-Jello Biafra[/quote]

OMFG! This original post was not temped by the mod! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

For those who do (and are still) complain(ing), please, do yourself a favor and see what “reverse racism” is doing to your respective home countries (that’s “affirmative action” for those that are still in the dark).

Be glad you’re in the 'wan, for Christ sake. Boohoohoo…that Chinese guy won’t speaka to me in Hakka.

Such a micromccainsovenchipsagressive comment, from a moderator too! :whistle:[/quote]
We need a microMcSpellcheck on this one, please :ponder:[/quote]

micro mc cains oven chips aggressive, is that better? You’re such a microaggressor.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]I can’t say I’ve ever felt myself victimized by these microaggression thingies in Taiwan. But I have been most egregiously victimized, unbearably taunted and emotionally scarred by the prevalence of microskirts and microshorts flaunted in my vision whenever I go out and about.

For heaven’s sake, they’re absolutely every-bloody-where, especially now that the weather’s smouldering up. Slender, shapely, silky-smooth legs, naked from ankle to upper thigh, exposed to within mere millimeters of pert posterior protrusions, brazenly showcasing their heavenly conjunction at the cloven mound of amour. They suck at my attention, work me up into a frenzy of lust, and tease me with their irresistible allure.

But I, as a man enchained in marriage, am precluded from attaining enjoyment of them except with my eyes. All I can do is leer, salivate, pant, fantasize, and empty my excitement into a tissue.

Why do they need to torture me so cruelly? What have they got against me? Is it because I’m a man? Are they deliberately flinging my maleness into my face as a way to assert their feminine identity, their pride in belonging to a sisterhood on the better side of an untraversable divide?

Why, oh wailingly and plaintively why, must I have to suffer as a victim of this inhumane discrimination, this soul-asphyxiating display of their themness pitted so rawly and aggressively against my otherness?[/quote]

Oh shit. You, sir, have pulled all the words right outta my mouth.

This microaggression, torture, and aggravation against my 3rd leg is totally mind-numbing as I sit and wail on my seat in the MRT every single working day.

When will it stop???

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]This new habit of tagging everything bad that happens in our life in Taiwan as a ‘microaggression’ is becoming ridiculous. I realize that guy in Japan wrote a compelling article that many of us can relate to, but I just can’t buy into every stupid thing that happens here that I may not particularly like to be some nefarious plan to annoy or intimidate me by the collective masses.
[/quote]

FWIW the term “microaggresion” was proposed in article “Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life” authored by Asian American
psychologytoday.com/blog/mic … ryday-life

The gist of it is that there is no “nefarious plan”. The “aggression” is subconscious.

BTW another view on it (another expat living in Japan)
kotaku.com/5907242/you-can-use-c … ome-people

What I find ironic is that it somehow is valid for Asian Americans living in US but not for “whiteys” in Taiwan.