Middle-class breeder philosophy

the meaning of life (in middle class TW thinking)

1. date
  2. marry
  3. buy a car (and owe for 5 years)
  4. buy a house( a big one, and owe for 30 years)
  5. have 2 children

these are all on a schedule too. if you do not do these things when you are “supposed to”, you are wrong. you OWE your in-laws grandchildren. if you don’t have the ability to support having children, you must change your lifestyle and work harder so you can. no life choice bullshit. “if you can’t give me what i want, i don’t want you”

me i hate the MCB philosophy of life. i’m going at my pace. for the first time in my life, i’m calling the shots. i’m living in “the now” and loving it.i’m teaching my wife the same.

anyway, isn’t marriage about wanting to be with someone, not what they can give you?

Your weird :loco:

You have no idea what marriage or reolationship is about :laughing:

Ask your in laws and they will tell you how wrong you are.

Sounds just like the US to me.

Nah…the in-laws would likely tell him that he was right.
Support the parents should be in there somewhere too.

Where? It seems like everyone I know from the US is trying to get out of that situation, as they know from other experiences that it’s a trap.

oh mods, where are you? somebody called me wierd! ba ha boo hoo. aren’t you going to nix their remarks?

in fact, i don’t need such protection.
guys, say your mind. i’m a man, damn it! i can take it!

i agree that many in the US are the same way. i should have said US and TW. it’s a pan-world middle class thing.

it seems like they think you should produce kids otherwise you’re freeload- fucking their daughter or something. they forget the chinese custom that once your daughter walks out that door, she’s NO LONGER THEIRS. in fact down here, they throw water to signify this.

foriegn guys need to not be wusses and know when to tell in laws to step off. you DON"T EVEN HAVE TO DO TOMB SWEEPING, IDIOTS! she’s supposed to worship the HUSBAND’s ancestors. and when you DO go back to the “niang jia”, it’s out of love not out of duty. don’t let her and her family run the show.

boys,put your foot down and learn your rights under taiwanese customs. no more P#$#y foriegn husbands!!^^

i’ll take this a step farther cause you guys probably still don’t catch the importance of this:

YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING RELATED TO HER FAMILY’S RELIGION WHATSOEVER! when she was “jia chu chi” she has to worship YOUR God. ditch all this pagan stuff and take her to church. and if she has anything to say about it, ask her why you have less rights than a TWese husband. under custom, she has to worship HIS family’s idols. so she can go to church with you.

you have every right. don’t let them think because you’re a foriegner that you are “ru dray” (married into their family like a wife).

What if that’s what you want? I mean to some degree. A house, a nice wife, two kids, a car, a career, A family? Wow! What’s wrong with that? Sounds like my dreams come true. If I can do these things and somebody thinks I’m “supposed to” as well, that’s cool. I like it when I can make me happy and someone else as well.

My take on marriage here is that you marry into the family. Being a part of any family has obligations. I wouldn’t expect to be taking away anyones culture just because I married her, and she wouldn’t be able to take away mine, unless I let her.

I don’t think it’s a class thing, it’s a life thing.

the poster wrote [quote]you have every right. don’t let them think because you’re a foriegner that you are “ru dray” (married into their family like a wife).[/quote]

I know what you are saying. I’ve seen quite a few foreign pussies who get bossed around like this, and of course they don’t get any thanks for it.

[quote=“canucktyuktuk”]What if that’s what you want? I mean to some degree. A house, a nice wife, two kids, a car, a career, A family? Wow! What’s wrong with that? Sounds like my dreams come true. If I can do these things and somebody thinks I’m “supposed to” as well, that’s cool. I like it when I can make me happy and someone else as well.

My take on marriage here is that you marry into the family. Being a part of any family has obligations. I wouldn’t expect to be taking away anyones culture just because I married her, and she wouldn’t be able to take away mine, unless I let her.

I don’t think it’s a class thing, it’s a life thing.[/quote]

then prepare to get stepped on. just a friendly warning from a friend who’s been there.