Middle of lawsuit-able to change lawyers?

Hello, I’m currently in the middle of a lawsuit with my former employer. The LAF has granted me representation, but I feel as though I am worse off than I started. A little background: I have worked at the same cram school for 5 years and was fired because I started asking for legal amount of pay. I understand the LAF is a non profit and I should be thankful for getting free representation but, since the trial has started,

1. I asked if I can go to my former work to talk to the parents (cram school) and she said yes. I decided against it. Few months later, she reminds me to not visit the school.
  2. Says I need more than text evidence-few weeks later cites their cherry picked conversations from Line as valid. Completely ignores the actual whole conversation that I sent her.
    3.Fails to notice contradictions in official statements until I tell her.

As of now , the school is claiming I owe them 200k ntd for paying for my graduate school. The deal was that they pay for the tuition up front, and 10k ntd would be deducted from my pay every month. This was when they switched from depositing into my bank to giving me cash instead. At the labor dispute meeting, they claimed I owed them 7k ntd for tuition, 15k ntd for cell phone contract cancellation fee. I don’t have any proof that I repaid them my tuition money since everything turned to cash when I started school.

Banking statements prove that I was paid an average of 10 hours a week for the first 3 years. After I got fired, they refused to cancel my ARC, keeping me on payroll for some odd reason. The only way I can prove I paid my tuition is if I can get facebook and gmail chat records from years ago.

I’m no lawyer but I feel as though this is a slam dunk case. Even ignoring everything, just the fact that they purposefully did not cancel my ARC so I cannot get another job is a case in itself.

I’m going back to my home country after I finish my thesis next month. Not sure if it’s worth the trouble. I know the case will continue without me being here physically, but I want representation that is somewhat competent. Thanks in advance~!

You can definitely change lawyers if you pay for the new one. To change lawyers through the LAF? I assume they only do that when there’s serious misconduct. What you’re describing sounds like a simple case of overwork.

Ask her about

1. the possibility of getting a court order for the missing evidence and
  2. if anything needs to be translated, who’s doing the translation and what the judge’s standards are.