Military service (MS) even after fullfill MS in my country?

Hi all,

I tried the search function but was not really successful.

I was born in Taiwan but moved to Austria when I was five. I have an EU passport and also did my military service in Austria. Now that I am working in Taiwan for more than a year, I was thinking to apply for my ROC passport.

Now my question: Do I have to do my military service in Taiwan again? Does anyone has similar experience? I dont really want to apply for the ROC and afterwards gets drafted :loco:

Thanks in advance

No.

Thanks for the reply sandman…

but I am confused by your answer “no”…

Sorry. I should have written no and no.

I think if you serve in another military, they don’t want you to serve here…

Thanks Chewycorns and Sandman…

Although I am still confused by Sandmans "no no " answers… anyway…

You asked two questions requiring yes or no answers. I answered. Where’s the confusion? :ponder:

I was a professional soldier in the old country and still had to serve in the Armed Forces when I became a citizen (1994).

Or maybe they’ll let you join the People’s Army for like a week.

[quote=“Taike”]I was a professional soldier in the old country and still had to serve in the Armed Forces when I became a citizen (1994).

Or maybe they’ll let you join the People’s Army for like a week.[/quote]

Current rules forbid anybody who has served in a foreign military from being drafted now.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Taike”]I was a professional soldier in the old country and still had to serve in the Armed Forces when I became a citizen (1994).

Or maybe they’ll let you join the People’s Army for like a week.[/quote]

Current rules forbid anybody who has served in a foreign military from being drafted now.[/quote]
That’s what the Army office told me, also. But you have to provide written proof from your “original” country. Being a born Taiwanese/overseas Chinese, not sure how this will affect you. Best to go see your local Army office and see what they say.