Mini fridge that will ship to quarantine?

Hi, I’ve just arrived in Taiwan and am in a government quarantine facility. My partner needs a small fridge to keep his insulin cool ASAP, but unfortunately his room doesn’t have one. Anyone know where I can find a mini fridge online that would ship to where we are in Beitou district, Taipei city?

Surely you can just contact the staff at the quarantine facility for stuff like this?

3 Likes

The language barrier is proving difficult. I think they have a large fridge on site but he really needs a private one in his room, so I thought it might be easier all round to just buy one.

I suspect (and would hope) that you might need to go through the staff anyway, since the delivery of largish items like fridges through the normal channels usually needs a signature and the delivery guy presumably wouldn’t be able to come to your door.

Maybe Google translate would help, or someone here could type the Chinese for “I’m diabetic, and my insulin needs to be kept in a fridge.” The quarantine facility staff must have encountered this issue before.

2 Likes

Try ordering one from PC home. Put a note on the order stating its being shipped to a quarantine facility and write your room number on it.

Guys, didn’t you guys mention that food cannot be sent to government quarantine facilities? How can you receive a fridge then?

Do communicate with the staff at the facility or call 1922 or any other authority to get their assistance first. Yes, there is English spoken.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t he/she need a local bank card for that? I get the impression they’re new here and presumably don’t have one.

You can use a non-Taiwan credit card on PCHome.

Call 1922 or the foreign affairs police that is assigned to him for his quarantine.

我有糖尿病,我的胰島素需要冷藏。請問你們有小冰箱可以借我嗎?如果沒有,我可以請人送過來嗎?

Translation:
I’m diabetic, and my insulin needs to be refrigerated. Do you have a small fridge that I can borrow? If you don’t, can I have someone deliver one here?

5 Likes

Thanks to all who replied! One of the other guests managed to get his wife to translate for us over the phone, luckily.

1 Like