Minigolf

So my husband’s birthday is coming up and I’d like to do something with him. He don’t have many interests, but he really likes to play golf, and since I don’t do that (can’t seem to hit the ball with that big heavy long metal thing :wink: ) I thought maybe minigolf would be fun?

But where can we go, we live in Sinjhuang and it should be around that area (taipei city, banciao, Jhonghe, Sindian or something like that).

…or is it for young people? :ponder:

Dunno about mini golf, but here are plenty of driving ranges dotted around Taipei, although the only one I know of near where you’re saying is on top of the Carrefour in Xindian.

Well it’s been awhile since someone posted. But I had this same question.

Is there mini golf in taipei?

Searching for 迷你高爾夫球:

wpgolf.com.tw/

ezfun.coa.gov.tw/view.php?theme= … raph_idx=4

Haven’t played minigolf for years…

There is one public place for mini-golf right on the Keelung river at the Dajia river side park on the south side of the river a bit east of the Rollerhockey places right next to the bike path. You can even see them on google maps, the only problem with it is that I didn’t see a place to rent the clubs and the balls from so you would have to bring your own.

Normal driving ranges are also along the rivers here in Xindian, one has a small golf course too as far as I was told but I guess that’s something very different anyway.

I bloody LOVE minigolf. Unlike realgolf (the most difficult sport in the world), anyone can play and compete. Nowt to do with strength. Great family outing! Good to get drunk and the wife and kids kick your ass. A great equaliser! And you only need a damn PUTTER! Count me in for the next forumosa minigolf championship!

I like putt putt. I wish they had an official putt putt course here.

I’ve been wanting to find miniature golf in Taiwan for years! This thread deserves a bump. Of the two links posted by rice_t in 2010, the first one is broken, and the second one shows the old stone “mini golf” course built for the Japanese crown prince back in the 20s, not a modern course.

After some searching on my own, I discovered that there’s apparently a simple course in the basement of TaiMall in Nankan. I also found what looks like a course in Guishan; the address is 桃園縣龜山鄉大崗村樹人路213號 (213 Shuren Road, Dagang Village, Guishan). And then there’s this old Youtube video of a mini golf course in Taichung, but I’m pretty sure the place no longer exists.

Has anyone been to any of these places? Are there any other courses out there? It would be fun to play a round one of these days, even if it required a trip to Taoyuan.

The place in Guishan, 王品迷你高爾夫, was great! Notice I wrote was because sadly the place closed a year or two ago :cry: The mini golf at Tai Mall—in the basement surrounded by mall shoppers—just doesn’t compare with the fresh air and never crowded Wang Pin (王品).

My daughter visited me 3 years ago and we went golfing in Guishan. Ah memories…

Aw, that’s so sad! Why hasn’t mini golf caught on here? That’s two out of three courses that have gone out of business.

Perhaps everyone plays on their smartphones now :aiyo:

1 Like
  1. The weather. Can’t really play outside when it rains.
  2. Most kids I interact with every day prefer indoor activities to outdoor activities.
  3. Most kids I interact with every day are too lazy to do anything remotely athletic.
  4. The kids I interact with every day who are not lazy and are athletic are too busy doing a gazillion other sporting / musical / etc activities already.
  5. The courses that were here before were not all that exciting…kind of plain, boring and not much jazz to them.
  6. The land…you would need a good sized piece of land to develop a two course mini golf. Land in a good location is hard to find.
  7. When I ask my Taiwanese friends about mini golf, they have no idea what I am talking about. They just assume it is real golf. To them, real golf is a rich person’s sport and not all that interesting.

Apparently they are building a new mini golf-course next to the bike path in Shi Lin. It’s the spot where the MRT is crossing the small river a small distance from Zhi Shan Station. I guess it will be free of charge, same as the one next to the bicycle path in Neihu. So… now I am looking for Minigolf clubs (see my separate post)

I guess this minigolf course near Zhishan didn’t end up happening. Did it?

Out near Kaohsiung airport, on 2F.
Check link for prices below the picture of it, based on time.