Minimium wage for Foreigners working in Broadcasting

Yep. Confirmed. They definitely cannot hire foreigners.

I told her that she needs to revise the contract to make it more legal worthy

If the company cannot sponsor you, you will have to freelance on the side and they will probably pay you off the books.

You want to come to Taiwan. If you get the golden card, they you do not need to marry an employer. I know it is difficult in your field, but at least make sure any employer covers your basics: salary requirements, pay NHI and Alonso, vacation time, the works.

Alonso who? :thinking:

Friggin Chinese spell checker: lao pao

:rofl: 老跑ļ¼Ÿå‹žē‚®ļ¼Ÿ

Okay Iā€™ll stop. Itā€™s lao bao, Tia. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do anyone know what kind of documentation that I need?

Tried looking at the site, little information on there!

For which category do you qualify?

Science & Technology
Economy
Education
Culture and Arts
Sports
Finance
Laws
Architectural Desi

Hello tando

I do qualify for Culture and Arts.

Which of the following criteria do you meet?

Basics, what you need are passport and proof of your qualification.

I. Performing arts

a. Previously serving as member of international arts organization, or assuming post of significant capacity in governmental agency or private organization related to culture and arts;

b. Currently or previously being major or significant member of hosting international arts event (including, but not limited to major arts festival);

c. Previously receiving internationally or domestically recognized award, or serving in judge panel of abovementioned award; or

d. other individuals reviewed and validated by the Ministry of Culture.

II. Visual arts

a. Previously serving as member of international arts organization, or assuming post of significant capacity in governmental agency or private organization related to culture and arts;

b. Currently or previously being major or significant member of hosting international arts event (including, but not limited to major arts fair or biennial);

c. Previously receiving internationally or domestically recognized award, or serving in judge panel of abovementioned awards; or

III. Publishing

a. Currently or previously serving as chief editor or senior manager of major international media or publishing house, or as copyright agent, with at least 10 yearsā€™ experience in publishing or mass communications;

b. Currently or previously serving as professor at foreign university in publishing or related mass communications disciplines;

c. Holding doctorate in publishing-related disciplines and receiving international academic prize;

d. Receiving the highest publishing-related honor in the country of origin or comparable international honor;

e. Serving as curator for major international publishing event; or,

f. other individuals reviewed and validated by the Ministry of Culture.

IV. Audiovisual and Pop Music

a. Previously nominated for or awarded ā€œCategory Iā€ award (or award of equal standing) as defined in the Regulations for Funding Film Industry and Film Professionalsā€™ Participation in International Festivals established by the Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development under the Ministry of Culture;

b. Previously nominated for or received a Grammy Award or a BRIT Award;

c. Previously nominated for or awarded international television prize (including, but not limited to Emmy, BAFTA or Seoul Drama Award); or,

V. Handicraft

a. Previously awarded in nationally or internationally recognized competition relevant to handicraft;

b. Previously recognized as preserver of handicraft techniques by nationally or internationally recognized organization or foreign government; or,

c. other individuals reviewed and validated by the Ministry of Culture.

VI. Cultural administration

a. Previously serving in culture and arts department of domestic or foreign government, or culture and arts institutions established by law or as expert or researcher, having culture and arts portfolio with outstanding performance in addition;

b. Currently or previously serving international non-governmental organization, having culture and arts portfolio with outstanding performance in addition; or,

c. other individuals reviewed and validated by the Ministry of Culture.

sorry for the tardiness

Under audiovisual, other individuals reviewed and validated by MOC

I did mainly sports shows.

In that case, I think you should collect documents that show and prove you are an outstanding profetional as many as possible. List of your shows, national television prizes, work career, degree, etc. I think you need to contact MOC.

but in all fairness
I think I wonā€™t pass muster at the review.
All I did was very generic programs, didnā€™t won any prizes, not a degree holder (did have plenty of working experiences)

Then, I think you cannot get the gold card.

I shall give le prospective employer what I can give.

I nv see such an employer going in length to find solutions to employ me

This might be slightly easier.

Work Permit and Administration for Foreigners Engaging the Artistic Work
https://foreigntalentact.ndc.gov.tw/en/Content_List.aspx?n=BCC6709448438AE7

mmm

thanks for the link!
But I too shall give what I am able to give to the employers

If I can get it, yea
If I canā€™t get it, then it is really not fated and continue to hone my skills in Singapore.

edit:
might as well give them my service record in the armed forces as well.
heh

Why are you giving this to the prospective employer? The card is yours, you should apply independently.

If you do not have a degree, though, I can see how all efforts are hitting a wall. Do you have any college level degree?

i do have diploma

correct me if Iā€™m wrong
i remember in lieu of degree, one must have mre than 2 years of working experiences

Plus a diploma. A diploma and two years was the requirement for a normal run of the mill work permit. If you are applying for a gold card or any other variations thereof, you need to add sprinkles and bows and throw in the kitchen sink, if you know what I mean.