Minimium wage for Foreigners working in Broadcasting

Thanks AhDohGah
Seems like Taiwan don’t appreciate the skills that foreigners bring to the country.
I’m so frustrated and disappointed.

Again a small update:

Did a quick phone call to Ministry of Culture
As my case is pretty unique, I think they are going to escalate it upwards the chain.
while it happens, I think a job search in Singapore first will have to suffice for now

Get some big kahuna on your side. Everything here is moved through politics. Do not go through this alone because of ethics or any other b.s…

Your girl is local. Maybe she has a relative who is a government official? Knows the lizhang or someone who knows someone up the food chain? Does not necessarily have to be the same ministry, MOC.

the employer knows folks from the Ministry of Sports but then I have written appeal letters that were addressed to MOC, MOL, NIA, and of course my employer.

Noooooo

You do not write letters. Your mountain writes letters or makes a call.

Mountain in Chinese is what we call palanca in Spanish. A higher up who intercedes on your behalf. Not intervenes, but supports you.

I was rejected without a valid reason.
I was generally not very happy by the canned response that was given by NIA
My employer did ask those higher up at MOL and yet gotten a response.
We are going two pronged approach

For Pete’s sake stop relying on your employer. They obviously do not have the will not the clout to pull this off.

Read what I said. You can do this the Taiwanese way or keep banging your head against the wall of rejection.

It is NOT asking someone for help in the MOL or MOC. You need a padrino, a godfather, someone they respect and has power, like a local politician. Without this person,you will fail

Read the thread about the guy with the Filipina wife. It was until he brought out the big guns, the support of local politicians, that his case had hope. That is the Taiwan way. You need help.

Yo chill man!
I’m doing the normal appealing method for now as I have the rights regulated by NIA to appeal my case.

I have an email to the Central Yuan addressed to William Lai if they still can’t pull their shiat together.

Do you know William Lai? Or will this be another of thousands of other emails in the wind?

I really care, dude. You are sacrificing a lot to come here. But this place is the other side of the mirror. It works on its own rules.

This card you are asking for is not based on fairness nor its rules are clear cut. That is why you have to follow a different approach. Just saying.

i don’t understand the way your employer thinks, he wants to low ball your salary yet goes all the hassle through this bureaucracy,

your case isn’t unique, just leave him, seriously many Taiwanese are dreaming about getting a job abroad (including Singapore), don’t trade it with that kind of offer that will make you suffer later, just my .02

1 Like

his girlfriend is here, he wants to be here with her… I think at this stage it isn’t about the money or career prospects anymore though obviously those are plus points

I understand that many Taiwanese are looking to venture abroad but the employer was able to give me a free rein of what I wanted to do that I can’t do it in Singapore. There are only one state broadcaster and half a dozen private broadcasters where are they available via cable tv.

But there are very few broadcasters who wanted original content, most of them get their stuff from the parent company in overseas where it is all produced readily. What the employer offered me to run the channel, produce original contents and promote sports in Taiwan.

Of course, if your other half is located in a different country and you don’t get to see her often, this is the best choice, relocating to the country to where she is at the moment.

Plus point is i get to see her everyday vice every 3 months.

That’s definitely a worthy goal but I think you need to find a more realistic path to get there… just my two cents worth

Or marriage could solve everything.

2 Likes

True that

ah… I see

how about taking her to Singapore?

Don’t have too much information about OP’s girlfriend, but from what I know about Singapore it’s not necessarily the case that she will be able to get Permanant Residency easily, or have the right to work… without the above it’s just OP trying to support her/them on a single income which in Singapore may not be particularly feasible

In any case it’s all guesswork at this stage, let’s hear what OP has to say

Like what SPQA said, it is difficult to support her on a single income, it will be tired.

She wants to go back to Taiwan in Oct for good
So either I’m going back to an LDR or I move to Taipei
Or go back to spending money on airfares again.