Minkuotang?

Well KMT has been called The Chinese Nationalist Party in English medias since the 30s.

The Encyclopedia of Britannica lists it as the Nationalist Party.
global.britannica.com/topic/Nati … ical-party[/quote]

This seems to be some kind of cyclical thing:

Are you blind or willfully ignorant? There is no rhetorical purpose for it, there is the simple fact that Kuomintang is the name the party themselves have chosen to use as their English name. It is not up to any outside party to decide what their name is.

As Poagao and I have said repeatedly - who are you, or we, to decide what another party’s name is? Are you trying to say that the Kuomintang are wrong when they say their own name is the Kuomintang in English?[/quote] China Nationalist Party - #21 by Tetsuo

[quote=“In response back then (2005), when I was using the name xp+10K, I”]Groups often wind up with the names that others give them. It’s highly doubtful that the original Tory party (see blurb) or the original Whig party (see blurb) gave itself that name. In addition, the religious denomination commonly called the Quakers didn’t give themselves the name Quakers (see webpage).

I probably first understood the meaning of the word Nationalists, in reference to the Chinese anti-communists, when I was in elementary school (early to mid-1960s). In World Geography class in junior high, we were made very aware of the term Nationalist in that context and were corrected if we said the phrase “the People’s Republic of China,” which we were told to call “Red China.”

To ignore all the abundant evidence (just type in nationalist or nationalists and kuomintang, kuo min tang, or any of the other variants–one night I stumbled on one or two online copies of, I think, pre-WWII books referring to the Nationalists) in favor of something that doesn’t even rise to the level of proper pedantry, and especially to be so adamantine about it–well, I’ll just say it may take some time for me to understand why anyone would hold such a position and hold it so vehemently.

I don’t often find myself using the adjective Orwellian, but. . . .[/quote] China Nationalist Party - #29 by xp_10K

The issue resurfaced in 2010:

The Taipei Times’ name for them seems to have caught on in some circles (I didn’t know the Taipei Times was that old):

Here it comes again in 2015, so here I go again:

[quote]Four hundred members of the great Order of Liberty, [color=#004080]the Chinese nationalist party[/color], celebrated the election of Dr. Sun Yat Sen as president of the baby Chinese republic at a banquet on the second floor of 709 1/2 King st., Sunday night.[/quote]–“Chinese Honor Republic[,] Pledge Fealty to Dr. Sen,” The Seattle Star, April 18, [color=#004080]1921[/color] goo.gl/KNnyI5

[quote]CHINESE LOANS

Loans to Peking now will pro-
long civil war in China. Please
lend no money to kill our
people.

[color=#004080]Kuo Min Tang[/color]
([color=#004080]The Chinese Nationalist Party[/color])
2461 Grant Avenue[/quote]–advertisement, The Ogden Standard-Examiner (Ogden, Utah) , January 30, [color=#004080]1921[/color]
goo.gl/PtPJVr

[quote]Colonel-general Wudan, the local leader of [color=#004080]the Chinese nationalist party[/color], declares Consul Tzs-ang Woohuan’s refusal to identify Chinese residents who wish passports to visit the fair is a lawless procedure.[/quote]–Honolulu Star-Bulletin, April 19, [color=#004080]1915[/color] goo.gl/ZMqt0y

[quote]Governor and Mrs. William Spry broke bread last night with representative Chinese of Salt Lake, the occasion being a diplomatic dinner as part of the campaign of [color=#004080]the Chinese Nationalist party[/color] to have the United States recognize the Chinese republic.[/quote]–“Spry Breaks Bread with Chinese Hosts,” The Evening Standard (Ogden City, Utah), March 29, [color=#004080]1913[/color] goo.gl/tR6dyO