Mirror glass replacement

One of my side mirrors got broken today, just the glass got knocked out. Of course the dealer wants to sell the whole shell and servo assembly to make a few grand. :unamused:
I have heard that the auto supermarkets do replacement glass for a few hundred. Anyone have any comments on the quality?

Edit: Never mind, I got a stick-on replacement. It’s a bit more wide-angle than I like, and it has some chinglish etched on it, but at 1/10 the price of the OEM unit…

“WATCH IT! THE ECXELLENT KORS® MIRROR HAS OBJECTS CLOSER THAN REAL IS!” I just consider myself lucky it doesn’t have a Hello Kitty or “Type-R TRUBO SPORTS” in the middle. :unamused:

:laughing:

How much more HPs are you getting now???..I reckon it should be good for at least 10 more at the wheels!

I think I would actually pay extra to get that message etched into the glass! :laughing:

[quote=“skylarkpuma”]How much more HPs are you getting now???..I reckon it should be good for at least 10 more at the wheels![/quote]Nah, that’s the Teyp-R version I mentioned. :frowning:

Sandman: You be careful what you wish for! :wink:

Now I’m pissed off. :fume: Went out to get lunch and found myself trying reverse while looking at the sticky patch that held the replacement mirror on… :raspberry: