Misandry hiding behind women's perogative

Bundle up, Buttercup, and wear shades.
And please, capture the confusion on video.

Allow me to play Devil’s advocate. I have a scenario that actually played out some years ago which is a far better example of what the poster was trying to say about rape laws than his drivel about women going to men’s apartments.

It is the summer of 1989. Three men all in their early twenties are at a night club. They meet a woman. Drinking, talking, dancing - all the things for which one goes to a night club.

Eventually, the woman leaves the club with the three men. They go the van owned by one of the men. It is parked in a nearby lot.

Before long the police pass by and are suspicious of the van. They check it out to find the woman in the back, naked, with one of the men having intercourse with her. She tells the police she is being raped. The three men are arrested and charged.

As reported in the newspaper, in court, the woman admits to having left the night club of her own free will. She admits entering the van of her own free will. She admits she made out with each of the men, of her own free will. She admits to have willingly removed her own clothes without any prompting or encouragement from the men. And, finally, she admits she that she was fully cognizant of what was happening and did not at any time try in any way to stop any of it.

All three men are found guilty. Their defence that she had not in anyway made it known that sexual interaction was not welcome goes nowhere.

Here’s the hook: While the woman hadn’t said “no”, she hadn’t actually said “yes”. Ergo, rape.

Let me guess…thats the logic of the US legal system?

Nope, that is the logic of the Criminal Code of Canada.

Around that time, incapcitated women being sexually assaulted had become an issue in the media. As a result, the rape laws were changed, requiring a woman’s consent to be explicit. Implied consent was no longer a valid defence. The logic behind the change was directly linked to the poster’s line of thought: She came up to my room, so she must have wanted it.

I’ve never heard of any similar cases, so as far as I know this case is unique. It would appear the judge felt the woman wasn’t entirely blameless, he sentenced the accused to 30 days to be served on weekends.

Women’s groups, predictibly, went ape-shit when the accused weren’t crucified.

Ask Mike Tyson how well that defense works in the USA…:smiling_imp:

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“Tyc00n”]
Because I really do have to wonder how many of those ambitious and highly paid women regret the fact that they didn’t start a family.
[/quote]
I, for one, have absolutely NO desire to have a family.
[/quote]
OK, I can of course accept that, and it seems to becoming more common, but I still think this viewpoint is a minority of women. The reality in the west now is that most women do eventually want to have a family, but just keep waiting and then it becomes too late. May I ask how young you are?

If you think about it, your viewpoint is quite strange. Not for this day and age of course, but genetically speaking…based on your past. You (as we all are) are the result of perhaps trillions or even gazillions of successful reproductions.

I somewhat hope you are joking.[/quote]
:smiley: , um not really, and my viewpoint on this may change if you can convince me otherwise (as per most of my views). I don’t mean to sound sexist or old-fashioned, although I can see how it comes across that way. I think women naturally want a man to have their children with. (husband of course could just be the stable guy which may or may not be the father).

It took ME fifteen fucking minutes to find this fabulous BOB quote:

Now, bow down in awe of my mighty, magnificant magnificence… Please? I’ll do anything you like, bitch.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“Tyc00n”]This is an interesting topic isn’t it. Do you think that greater equality has brought western woman greater happiness?[/quote]YOUR topic is interesting.

I don’t know that the point was ever greater happiness for women rather than greater self-realization. There’s much to be said for freedom, even at a lower standard of living, compared to life in a gilded cage, however plush.

Apparently, Lee Kwan Yew felt the greatest mistake he made governing Singapore was to give women equal rights and opportunities because [color=red]too few of the men there were self-confident enough or otherwise capable of accepting a more successful, better educated, self-confident partner.[/color][/quote]

Doesn’t [color=red]that[/color] make you a wimp?

I’ve never felt threatened by women who are financially more successful, which has been my situation for most of my dating life as I’ve always preferred older women (because they are generally more mature and know what they want in life). Being older, they generally had more work experience, had been in the job market longer and hence, made more money than me. Never bothered me. Never thought about it much.

One thing that I do find bothersome, legally speaking, is child custody. All things being equal, as the law tells us it is (or should be) child custody should be considered from the view point of who is the better parent, who is better capable of rearing the child, who is more loving etc etc… However, in my experience the men always lose and the women get the kids (my experience extending to myself personally and many others I’ve known who’ve been divorced over the years.
Of all these I’ve only known one guy who won his custody case. However, in this particular case the ex-wife’s mother and sister testified against her, she had previously abandoned a child and left her first husband to marry my friend (we all warned him and said she’d do the same to him. He didn’t listen. She did.).
This is one particular instance where I don’t think things are equal, but heavily disadvantage the man. Perhaps you all have different stories, but this is what I’ve experienced.
Maybe this will change in time, also.

Doesn’t [color=red]that[/color] make you a wimp?[/quote]Me? No. Those who feel that way? Sure. A wimp, or something along those lines.
Me, I’m interested in a partnership with a woman: the stronger she is, the better for both of us.

Looking for a strong woman cuts down on the number of possible mates… I mean, if I were a ranting poser only looking at boobs and eyes, well hell, there’s some pretty massive man-tits out there, and some men have nice eyes, so the pool is greater than just the 50% of the population that’s female. Oh well, you only need one (or two, maybe three?) and I’ve found mine.

deleted

Doesn’t [color=red]that[/color] make you a wimp?[/quote]Me? No. Those who feel that way? Sure. A wimp, or something along those lines.
Me, I’m interested in a partnership with a woman: the stronger she is, the better for both of us.

Looking for a strong woman cuts down on the number of possible mates… I mean, if I were a ranting poser only looking at boobs and eyes, well hell, there’s some pretty massive man-tits out there, and some men have nice eyes, so the pool is greater than just the 50% of the population that’s female. Oh well, you only need one (or two, maybe three?) and I’ve found mine.[/quote]

Sorry, Jaboney. I wasn’t directing it at you. I was just quoting the article you posted wrt to Singapore and commenting on men who feel threatened by successful women in general. Not meaning to suggest that you yourself are threatened by that sort of thing. :wink:

I think you’ve got the Singapore situation backwards. It’s not the Singaporean men who are rejecting the women for being more successful and educated; it’s the Singaporean women who are rejecting the Singaporean men for being less successful and educated than them.

One big difference between most (not all; I’m making a generalization here) men and women is that men will accept women of lower status as their mates. Women, on the whole, prefer to mate with men of higher socioeconomic status. A man of lower status is not acceptable to many women. This is problematic in modern societies where many women are as successful as men. That’s why so many Taiwanese men have to import brides from Vietnam; successful Taiwanese women aren’t going to marry a lowly factory worker.

It’s somewhat analogous to many women refusing to date a man that’s shorter than her. Women feel that they must marry ‘up’ (in more than one sense).

Obviously I am speaking in broad generalities, not saying that every woman subscribes to that mentality, but many do.

On edit: And I think that this mentality is more prevalent in more traditional, male-oriented societies like Taiwan and Singapore than is in post-feminist North American society. It doesn’t seem to be a huge issue back home. But it does seem to be much more problematic in Taiwan, as a cursory glance at the rate of marriage to imported brides (25%) indicates.

exactly what i’m commenting on. i applaud lin chi ling for recently stating she would support a husband as long as he loved her.

many mid level women compare with the husband and expect him to provide above and beyond what she can provide.makes me wonder what the fuck they want?

example:
i mean, look: she’s downtown making 30,000US a year,say. he is down in the village teaching guitar and pulling 20,000US a year (poverty level). but 20,000 a year equals roughly 2,300 a month. he can pay the apartment (900US) electricity (150 or maybe included in the rent, who knows). food (what you can’t cook? i can live gourmet on very little cause i’m metro baby) and still pay for insurance on a small car. she can put all her salary away and have insurance from her job for both of them.

WHY THE FUCK WON’T THIS WORK??? what’s wrong with this model? he’s giving ALL his money to her,isn’t he? why isn’t it enough for her? what does she want???

I dunno, ran. Someone who can drag his eyes away from his navel now and then?

different standards of expectation. where’s i’m from ,louisiana, if you can make those basics you’re just fine.no one will down you if you make the basics. but some people (houston )want upper middle class not middle class.so for them, making the basics is not just fine. your basci is “so what?”.
so i’m saying: maybe there is such a thing as financial compatibilty? i
is marrage not about two people being together but about “what can you give me?”

i can’t offer the upper middle class income, but i can cook pretty damn good. i can also change a diaper in 5.2 seconds flat. i also clean house. i make a better wife than i do a husband i guess.

but all i am means nothing. give me standard. gimme standard.

women say they want these things from a man, but i’ve seen it first hand. when the time came, i was out.

recover from divorce? you never recover. you just move on.

okay, i’m out of my navel now. thanks sandman. heads up.

This must be where you are from IN Louisiana. Because it sure as hell isn’t like that in Natchitoches.

lake charles area. can’t tell you which town cause this is the WWW.

you know, i’ve never been to up to Nat. always wanted to. they don’t speak coonass up there do they?

They do around Natchitoches. But Natchitoches is the “city” area. And one of the most liberal areas in Louisiana. Largely because over half of the population is comprised of University students.