Missing, found alive! (Thamluang cave rescue)

Three out. One being treated on site.

#theyrecominghome

1 Like

4 out, looks like 1 may have been taken to hospital by helicopter rather than ambulance like the others. Also seems operations are finished for today as the chief rescue team are reported to have come out from the cave, no info on why.

1 Like

On a side note, I’m extremely surprised about the very limited coverage this seems to be getting in the Taiwanese press.

Some TV stations saying 6 are out .

Hopefully the confusion on numbers stems from the fact that media have actual heeded calls to move back from the cave entrance and give the teams room to work as well as privacy for the kids and their families.

I’m sure they have far better things to be doing than updating it but the latest on the Thai Navy Seal Facebook page is that 4 are confirmed rescued, hopefully it’s actually more.

It’s been all over the TV news ever since it started

Nothing on TVBS this last hour or so and I’ve only seen a few very small comments on it in the last week.

Taiwan media is too focused on Typhoon Saint María, and of course the usual CCTV road carnage du jour.

1 Like

Yep. Famous kid + fast car+ swindler dad + one dead two almost dead = news

Thailand’s plight is barely on the news ticker.

1 Like

I’m adding prayers to millions of others praying all will come out safe just thinking about them in there makes me extremely claustrophobic

Extremely good news some are out !,

1 Like

The Mail seems entirely confused!

What else is new?

Reports indicate that a fifth child has been rescued and is in hospital, 3 more are past the more dangerous sections of the cave and on their way out.

How much international coverage do the ‘news channels’ have in Taiwan? How much do people know about what’s going on outside Taiwan?

And to be save they use ‘soccer’ and ‘football’!

I think they’re OK on that! A soccer team comprises of footballers!

I hate to say it but this is just another case of #toxicmasculinity

cc @Gain @IbisWtf @mad_masala
Screenshot_20180709-194433

2 Likes

<3 Godfrey

“Ability counts for shit when there’s zero diversity.”

That guy may possibly, maybe have an agenda other than saving these kids’ lives.

1 Like

Latest reports indicate the 4th child for today and eight overall has been rescued, great news.

2 Likes