Missing, found alive! (Thamluang cave rescue)

No. 9 safely out.

1 Like

Mission complete.

3 Likes

Wow, everyone out safe, what a result!!

Hurrah

One of the heroes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-44758082/thai-cave-wife-and-father-mourn-hero-diver

Tears of joy!!

Those rescue divers are incredible heros of the first order.
And so are the kids for making it through such a hell of a situation.

I expect a book and a Hollywood blockbuster soon.

I’m glad the coach made it too but I won’t bestow the title of hero on him.

His actions risked the lives of so many and caused one death.

4 Likes

A clear example of “white savior complex.”

3 Likes

Meme would’ve been better with the proper “whose”, but I suppose I can overlook that just this one time.

1 Like

Um…
Too soon?

Too soon for what? Please tell me you’re not that sensitive.

Too soon to insult the game of soccer?

I waited until they were all safe.

3 Likes

It’s 2018. People are in a rush to be offended and out-outrage the next person. Even when there’s nothing to be offended about.

I bestow upon you the order of merit of the knights of the funny foromosa post!

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: From saved

I suppose accidents like this in caving are relatively rare but imagining getting stuck like that; caving is just something I have absolutely no desire to do.
This must be one of the worst ways to go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIoXN-7FjM

1 Like

I assume there are tons of similar pieces out there, but here’s one from Vox that explains how it was all done:

Stuff of absolute nightmares for me - there is no way I’d be able to get through the tunnels like that without succumbing to panic. But then again, the kids managed to get into the cave in the first place, so I suppose it was kind of self-selecting for those able to deal with narrow places.

And there is no chance I’m watching that YouTube video. I already wake up from claustrophobia nightmares quite often enough, thank you!

1 Like

Movie coming…

Well, of course… that was as clear to see as a “do not enter” sign posted by a cave entrance during monsoon season.