Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

He could contact someone to say he’s alive and well but does not want to be found cause …reason. This could end up in a massive search. I would guess he’d realise this and get the message out that at least he is not dead. However just total silence hmmmm
If I was working illegally I’d call some people and tell them to STFU in case my boss found out. I’d guess he’s either met a fatal end or being held against his will. Anyway hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

What, like white slavery? He’s been gone 2 years.

yeah maybe. I did once help a little girl get saved from life in a small dog cage here. But that’s a different story. She was in that cage a few years. Not white though.

Say what?

(double-click)

Background please.

1 Like

Where is this “working illegally” come from? Global Affairs? If that is Canadian they may not know much about Taiwan´s legislation.

Guy lived here 15 years, had a scuba instructor license, was married. he must have had a bank account, a driver´s license, heck a marriage based open work permit. If he was teaching in 2004 in a public school one has to assume guy was qualified, had a work permit. Moreover, his kid has Canadian citizenship, see certificate pic on his brother´s FB. So, that means some paperwork must have crossed both Canadian government offices and MOFA/BOCA. There is a paper trail somewhere. Caveat emptor: this from his bro´s FB.

I actually think I’ve seen him somewhere but I don’t know if Taiwan or Philippines or when.

He looks a bit like a guy who begs in Jhongli with three dogs.

Not even you believe that.

1 Like

Earthquakes, typhoons, cold, heat and now this!!! :scream:

1 Like

You never know man.

1 Like

It’s good to cultivate a few close friends so that if something happens someone will at least look for u

Like that recent murder of the Canadian where his body was discovered so fast cuz his friends came to look for him and the dog led them to where he was murderered

If there were no friends and no dog perhaps the case would have gone cold if the body has flowed down river and years went by

This case has a load of fish on it because it’s sure fishy

4 Likes

The weird thing is the guy had no connections to the foreign community here. Zero. Not even the foreign PADI instructors in Taipei have heard of him. None of his FB friends are in Taiwan. It’s as if he never existed.

3 Likes

Can we be sure he have ever had?
I mean, all we have so far is a Facebook post of someone who claims to be a brother of someone called Dave, right?

So far…It seems yes.

However the two have the same surname (might not be hard to make a new account a fake name of course ) They do look alike.

Dave has some old Facebook accounts which show his life in Taiwan and the Philippines. Theres a birth certificate with him listed as a father. But beyond that , nothing.

10574371_1505643546339226_4446646141608285626_n

2014, newly born daughter.

Forumosans on the case be like…Likely more effective than Taiwan’s finest.

Scooby-Doo-Where-Are-You-Hassle-in-the-Castle-1-03-scooby-doo-17176589-1067-800

You meddling kids!

1 Like

Has his brother got the country name mixed up with another similar sounding one, maybe he’s in Iran?