Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

Not me
Ya it may not even exist but again why lie about stuff that could be verified. Or could have been like the helicopter search.

Why would any cctv footage have been kept for 2 years when no missing person issue had been raised? Retention of cctv footage is a bit selective here.

Never heard of anyone hiring a heli for a search in Taiwan. Govt SNR is available but that’s free and at the discretion of the govt. they hAve heli but not for hire.

The cctv of Dave getting in the car has to be real and seen by the police otherwise it has the same credibility as the heli search, both highly unlikely.

Her story has holes, bring her in.

If they are building a hotel on green island is it possible to get helicopters?

Can anybody access a missing person case?
Like the public ask about the case or get a copy of the report filed by the wife. I am having a hell of a time doing so.

Why the mention of green island? How does that tie in here?

Green island is accessed by boat and fixed wing usually.

And it’s small and heli are not needed to search for anyone lost on it.

It’s so small I don’t think anyone can get lost on it.

No heli will be used for a construction of a hotel on green island.

1 Like

There are commercial helicopters available to rent for services in Taiwan. They can fly all over the island probably including green island which is visible from the coast.

It should take the police 10 minutes to work out if your brother is in or out of Taiwan. Have they done that? A simple passport check would tell them that.

1 Like

This suggests the National Immigration Agency should be contacted

http://www.hchpb.gov.tw/eng/index.php?catid=241&action=index_print

1 Like

It will be very costly and why would the wife do that when the govt search and rescue has them for free?

Why would she not report her husband is missing and use govt resources for free and instead hire private helicopters?

Makes no sense.

1 Like

To recap :

You haven’t heard from your brother in years but are in touch with his now ex wife who is the one telling you these stories?

You have only her story and no one else knows anything.

She’s telling you about the scooter breakdown and the men and hiring a helicopter?
And something about green island? You have heard of tall stories, these stories are pretty tall.

You should contact the police in Taiwan and provide them the pics and all you know.

Has anyone here the ability to contact Apple Daily? They seem to be able to raise interest.

I’ve had to stop watching Netflix now. Seriously gentlemen, what’s going on?

His ex wife seems to be the type to use the Hollywood script of kidnap to try to lure you. It is highly unlikely someone to enter in a car like that in Taiwan ( more like a US movie scene than not).

It is so difficult to get a helicopter here to do a search like that. I witnessed and reported an accident by the coast. The guy was very injured and the were a couple of people helping with the CPR etc. I called rescue, gave exact coordinates, the sea was very violent on that day and we were in a hard to reach place (at least by foot). The rescue team called me back several times to check on the man’s condition, we luckily had 2 nurses doing the water sports with us and they assessed his situation. Even though we are reporting to the team how worse he is getting and he needs a helicopter transfer to the nearest airport they didn’t send. Rescue team arrived 2.5hours later by foot, carrying in the terrible terrain the rescue stuff until eventually reaching the place where we were. It was too late and the man was dead already.
Taiwan will not spare an helicopter that easy for search of a ‘deadbeat foreigner dad’ (I dont believe this is your brother but I do believe your wife would portrait him like that since she was so quick to get a divorce based on his disappearance).

As a fellow foreigner here I urge you to not only hear your brother’s wife story and to double confirm everything you can. This is not he US and many things, especially involving locals and foreigners, are not justice-like. If there was ever a search it would have been on the news by the time. For goodness sake, this country reports, on national news, that there is a dog on the highway and that the blond foreigner left trash unattended in the 7-11.

I am concerned about your brother especially as it seems there is only you looking for him. The suggestions on this thread are really good, do follow them.

1 Like

Most people would also not ride a scooter far from Taipei…it’s tough on the body to do a really long distance, if the wife were living in some remote location. And very few people would scooter from Taipei to Taidong and then take a ferry to Green Island (is that where the wife is supposedly living? or else why is that coming up?). Maybe before public transportation was like it is now but not today, I think.

Which school was he working for? They would know who worked with him at the same time.

I can see getting into a random car if one’s scooter broke down on Highway 9 or 11 or something on the coast, or in some remote area, but the question is where he really was when he got into that car. Not in Taipei, I’m assuming.

I’m with Tommy, it doesn’t sound very good to me. The ex-wife could be much more forthcoming, I think. Can you get her to email what she’s saying, written out in Chinese? No problem getting it translated, I’ll do it or there are others on here who would as well.

1 Like

Maybe this guy does not want to be found, but one of the picture is taken here http://uu-lanyu.com

1 Like

Ex wife now lives on green island, I thought maybe she lived there when incident happened, obviously not.
I think my brother was desperate to talk to her so who knows how far he would travel.
I have high school yearbook at home, he taught in 2004.Screenshot_20190214-132227_Email

You think he needs a fictional detective or you think my brother is fictional?

well the picture is in green island…

super sleuth!

Its a bit weird , you have waited 2 years to be in contact with your brother.