Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

Yep, those ones.

OK, something very weird. You talked to him on FB messenger on Nov. 14, 2016, three days later his wife reported him missing. That doesn’t make sense unless she suspected something was amiss.

1 Like

Sometimes Taiwan government agencies will not take action or even talk or share info unless they have an actual document proving the other person is legally related. . You could literally be standing right in front of them but they will not do anything without a proper ID.

I have been very open and answering most if not all of your questions, so please see if you can answer mine.
1 If the wife indeed filed a missing person report can the public access it? Basically could you ask about him and get any info at the police station?
2 On the wifes fb page does it have any former addresses, I myself cannot find or understand everything.
3 I have been told she is divorced and fb page says single, can this be proved? It may remove her as next of kin.

What is wife’s Facebook page address/link?

Broken down moped

@Davesbrother

Is Christopher Evans related to you? He seems to have a good relationship with the ex-wife, and he is also on your friend’s list.

A broken down moped is no reason to file a missing person’s report…

I’ve followed this whole thread.
You have been very forthright with answers.
We do not know your own situation (financially, health-wise with you or your family, etc.), so do not worry.
Of all places/websites in Taiwan, funnily or strangely enough, you came to the right one to guide you through the labyrinth of Taiwan’s bureaucracy and legal affairs.

3 Likes

This may not be a direct help, but is a taiwanese procedure for a report of missing person. In chinese.

http://glrs.moi.gov.tw/LawContent.aspx?id=GL000128

https://iweb2.npa.gov.tw/NpaE8Server/NK_Query.jsp#
This databaae seems to list cases of taiwanese citizens only.

1 Like

Google Chrome automatically translates it fairly clear.

Broke down moped, then apparently the camera footage of the car picking him up. Ya I know its all weird. Usually I thought you had to wait like 24 hours…its not like he was a child. Just going by what I was told.

Thank you

Lemme throw out a curveball.
you live in a big city?
any way to hook up with a Taiwanese community association?
is there a university nearby with Taiwanese student association?
If yes, I’d call or drop by or something and just start relaying story again.
You’d be surprised at what help you might find over there.
Taiwan has some quasi-embassies in the bigger cities that you could walk into without any appointment or even call.

https://www.roc-taiwan.org/ca_en/post/9.html

TECO maintains an office in Toronto which promotes relation with Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Manitoba. The TECO office in Vancouver offers to same services to British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, and Nunavut Territory. The TECO Office in Ottawa maintains relations with the Greater Ottawa region, Quebec, and New Foundland and Labrador.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be posted publicly here.

1 Like

10 years ago, taiwanese police did not accept a report of a missing foreigner. I dont know how it is now. To be accepted, the wife might have needed to show that her husband had possiblly got involved in trouble.

It is advised by authority to report missing foreigners to NIA. Did the wife do it?

He was in fact reported missing by the wife, just got off the phone with Canada Trade office in Canada.
Confirmed case and file number, no mention of surveillance camera or helicopters

8 Likes

Was mulling this over and realized that I don’t use my passport to enter or exit Taiwan, I just swipe my resident permit and use the e-gates.

Your brother may have been enrolled in this scheme too?

That in mind it’s important to know what his visa situation was when he last entered Taiwan. Did he still have a valid resident card?

Once before, I entered Taiwan on my ARC card but exited on my passport for a short holiday whilst awaiting a renewal of my ARC.

The immigration officer addressed me by my chinese name and asked why I wasn’t using my ARC but allowed me to exit on the passport.

General question to everyone, is it possible to enter on a passport and leave on an ARC/APRC?

Thinking something silly like his passport being renewed during the decade or more he lived in Taiwan and his new passport number no longer matching his alien resident certificate?

missing for more than 3 years can be a reason of divorce without a consent from the peson.

All irrelevant. The entry/exit bureau tracks you whether you use an ARC, APRC, old passport or new passport. Your retina don’t change, your fingerprints don’t change.

3 Likes