Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

That I mentioned before. It is not missing, it is leaving the marital home. Abandonement. To prove that he abandoned his family without contacting him for verification seems not kosher.

We had a case here where a Taiwanese man left his family and took their passports with him. His children couldn´t enroll in school nor access NHI, but neither could they leave, as the authorities could not contact the father for permission.

In order to leave the airline looks at your passport and ARC. To pass through immigration, you can use EGate, but the data remains the same, there would be a record of his exit/entry.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Makes a stronger case for him having not left Taiwan.

A few people above mentioned a boat to the Philippines (illegal exit/entry) but I think that’s extremely unlikely too. Why take the risk? If it’s even possible.

They say it’s possible, but if he had his passport seems a lot easier to just use it.

3 Likes

In the middle of Novermber, even.

Funnily enough Green Island used to be the spot to take a weekly off-manifest charter flight to Bangkok. The reason for it’s existence is lost in the mists of my memory but it was a real thing.

1 Like

What we need is someone to say, hey , I knew the guy! I can´t believe no one has heard of a guy who did whatever submarine thinghy it is he did.

Canada Day? Someone remembers him?

Hockey matches? Ice skate ring?

How about ParentPages? Was he in any play group?

Maybe he asked for help with his marriage at the Community Center? Anyone?

I know we Latinos are a gossipy bunch and most of the stuff said about me and most people I know are lies but heck, at least people know I exist. When someone has an accident in Pingtung we hear all about it -well, versions of it- in Taipei. I remember once we were traveling in Kaohsiung and got up to the Tungsteng building … lo and behold, in a little far corner there was an acquaintace with someone who was not his official partner… For foreigners, thsi island is, as we say in Spanish, a very small handkerchief.

1 Like

Maybe he is curling in Moose Jaw?

Fishing boats depart and renter daily at Taitung Harbor going to other waters including Philippine waters. They go out for weeks at a time. Not to difficult for somebody to hop off in or around the Philippines. Could carry passport and use it later to depart there.

And other ships human trafficking dump people off outside of Taitung. Here is an example of one that went wrong.

Late in responding, but have been following the story.
Question:

How do you know he did not use his passport to leave Taiwan? Which authority / agency provided this information? He could be anywhere in the world.

Tango42 typed this:

But where has it been corroborated?

That is the #1 piece of information that must be obtained as solid fact before going off on any other tangents and theories.

Everything being reported that was said by the wife is hearsay. It is coming from his brother who did not hear it directly from the wife. He said he never spoke to his brother’s wife. Their father did.

The only thing that is fact (or so we are being told) is that the wife filed a missing persons report.

CCTV footage from 2 years ago from a street camera will be long gone by now. No way to corroborate the story that he was picked up by a group of people.

Would also like to know the history of the couple. DavesBrother said the last time he spoke to him was in 2016 via messenger. Did they contact each other before that? What kind of family life did he have? Did he talk of marriage problems, financial problems, stress, life, anything? What was the context of the last conversation and previous conversations?

The wife allegedly wants to move on and put this behind her. Does she have any of Dave’s belongings? The passport?

All of this is very fishy.

For an Asian person, I can imagine them blending in and going unnoticed. An atoga?! Difficult. Someone would have seen him hop on, then off in Filipinas.

Even the furriners wanted by the law have gone out the big door, hoped on a plane, landed far away, as recent incidents confirm.

This is like the story of him living the hermit life in the mountains. The only thing in the mountains are dumped cats and dogs. An atoga living the Robinson Crusoe life? Difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.

Indeed. Corraborating exit/entry is easy. Dave´s brother has ARC number, passport number, all data available. But he would need to go to NIA and see how to get it.

Not 3 years yet.

Not to doubt you but I would not know that the runway at Green Island could sport an aircraft that could fly to Bangkok, unless it was pretty small??

@Davesbrother Don’t give up John. It’s been a long day. You should rest.

2 Likes

You can get help here better than most informal places so just ignore the stupid stuff. Hundreds of years of combined experience in Taiwan and Asia here.

1 Like

Hang in there, for your brother´s sake. Soon as word spreads out, someone who saw him or knows about him will come out. Wait for word of the Canadian Office.

This site can be a little difficult. We have been taken for really bad rides by deceiptful people, so old hands can be wary. But as said, the experience counts.

3 Likes

Daves brother could confirm the wife’s report throuth canadian embassy. Can they also know what the police have done for the case? Did they check some records of his credit card/bank account/phone etc?

Except for spreading some words and keeping some interests, there may be not much things we can do here.

He can´t but the Canadian Office representative might be able to help to find out or at least point in the right direction, as they do carry weight and authority for helping out their citizens, in this case, a missing Canadian citizen.

Spreading the word is good enough at this stage. Interest generates movement. Let´s see how this develops.

1 Like

I am back
Needed a break and trying to get some leads and info

4 Likes