Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

I think the problem is that that possibility has not even been considered.

1 Like

Can’t believe you typed that. :sunglasses:

I’d guess the police would have flown a copter along the coastline for a quick look. That’s what I’d do. That area is notoriously dodgy.

Now the story makes a lot more sense. Thank you, Omni.

I had not seen any mention before to the Gulf War. One forgets Canada also sent many troops.

If someone were to jump off the cliffs there no one would be looking for them

And for search if there is one will have to be st the bottom of the cliffs

Hard to get to

This story could have merit

He did not go to war

1 Like

Getting more information will , I hope, help you . We will keep trying …

His military experience was basic training where he got an award for leadership, then to St Jean Quebec for some more training . His trade was not available at the time so he dropped out of the military. No action, not sent overseas and did not go to Iraq. FACT
He wanted to be an air traffic controller in the air force.

1 Like

There are other details that are not matching…
10 years marriage?
Surname ‘Bai’?
Still, these details may be mixed during collection of facts, but it seems the best lead so far…

He saw her and spoke to her, was riding back home.
She said she could see him crying outside her door after they talked from her places cameras.
Dave was not suicidal, he was pissed off at the family and Taiwanese people in general.

3 Likes

Do you know what Chinese surname he used to use before the marriage?
This is something that the report probably wouldn’t get wrong.

Believe that part is correct

I wonder.

If so, you should try to contact police in Hualien and try to get as copy of this report.
It may give you further info on the case.

Excellent work. I tried to search old news with no luck.

On FB, there are lots of photos of father and daughter, but none with wife. This seems a little strange. Also, from the apartment photos, it looks like the family has serious money.

2 Likes

It’s not that strange if she was taking the photos. But I get your point that they probably weren’t getting on so well .

You probably can see only his public photos. We can’t judge much based on that.
Anyone who is not my friend on Facebook won’t see I’ve single picture, due to the settings.

I am not your friend :scream: :joy:

Thabks…but why are you translating ordinary Chinese expressions so as to make them seem strange (“to play” is the usual expression for “just going somewhere for leisure”). IMO the exclamation points (if not part of the original) are misleading here.

1 Like

On Facebook. Here everybody is my friend! :rainbow:

2 Likes