Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

It’s better English than 68.7% of what we post here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry that it doesnt have who is talking, but it is my dad and Sandy.
As soon as she contacts my dad next day the English is better.

To simplify, there are really only 3 options here:

1. David is not alive
  2. David is alive and in Taiwan
  3. David is alive and not in Taiwan

The first option is something that we can not follow up on. If he died by suicide at the cliff, or through other means, so much time has passed it makes a decent investigation very difficult, and the only thing that can be done is to go over the previous investigation by the police, which would require family in Taiwan ( or David’s brother) to get the report. Access to this report is crucial, I think (however it is likely to be disappointing). I think speculating on what could have happened is largely fruitless in this case overall.

The main investigation that can be done now is simple: track entry/exit and renewal of documents, and track money. Does/ did David have credit cards of any sort? The cash based economy makes money tracking much more difficult. CCTV from around where he lived previously is a possibility, but unlikely with the time that has passed. A local PI is likely the best bet for these to be tracked, and to look into possible associates and friends from that time.

There is a third, remote option. Sometimes people do not want to be found. I had an uncle that was close to the family who dropped off the map for ten years, and then just reappeared. I don’t think it is the case here, but anything is possible.

That is odd.
Do you know why they were having marriage problems?
We all go through slumps in our relationships. But it sounds like they got into a pretty big fight. Was there any kind of infidelity that you know of, on her part or his part? There was an earlier post that said she said she saw him crying from the house security camera. I believe that was what it said. So she wouldn’t talk to him face to face, but only through the door camera (many if not all modern homes here have cameras to see who is outside).

Do not believe infidelity by either party.
Believe they talked face to face.
Dave did not like the way things were going with Sandy and Amber going with her family, he said it was Taiwanese culture that the family was staying together and shutting him out.
Plus my brother had the idea of opening a bed in breakfast there, seen discussions from 2011 about this, but her family took on the idea as their own and turned it into a hotel. Something has been built.

I don’t want to be a Facebook stalker too much but the wife and ex husband were obviously very familiar with the East coast. Photos of the cliffs are on there.

No such thing when we are all trying to assist in different ways. Far from it. You and others are actually contributing positively to this thread.

Yes everybody is contributing and helping in various ways.
I have picked up alot of info on this site and appreciate all the feedback.
Just keep the chat going, no matter how insignificant something may seem, it may be a big deal.
Do not want this thread to fade away or become stagnant.

It would. It may not seem so likely, but given what we do know, worth pointing out that sometimes people run into the wrong person.

Its hard to get definate answers from the wife, sometimes it appears things get misunderstood.
Example: when Dave went to go talk to her on that night she said he had his passport with him, that seemed odd to me that she would know this unless he actually showed her.
But later she said their safety deposit box would have money and his passport in it at Dave’s residence, when she looked there it was opened and passport gone, money left behind.
So think she was saying Dave had his passport on him not because she saw it but because it wasn’t in the safety deposit box.

Can anybody make out what kind of scooter it is, make or anything?

Can try to look it up to see where battery is

No foreigner ever carries his/her passport on him unless going abroad. Foreigners like Dave have an ARC, which is all the id you need.
Even when I was studying Chinese decades ago, I never ever carried my passport around and didn’t even have ARC (as had student visa). Never “lock” up a passport either. Just hide it away somewhere.

1 Like

713210-XXL
Is that a spot for the key, with no key ?

I have mine with me today. I’m at the office. :thinking:

you’re an outlier. Why bring to office?
never mind. Let’s not take thread elsewhere.

Her English seems eerily fluent. I wonder if someone corrected it for her? This is making me think love triangle. Maybe it was corrected by another man. Maybe this was the source of their last argument.

No. it’s a fair point. Need to remit some monies back home.

ok. fair enough. I take passport to bank, too, to remit money overseas. check.

I know this is not a laughing matter and don’t mean to take away from your points, but it struck me as funny that those options could describe every human being who has ever lived.

6 Likes

Hahaha, so true