Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

Taipei City 104, Taiwan is the only address I can find for him. Its on his daughters birth certificate.Custom%20Image%2006022019053133

If anybody has any ideas or people to contact please don’t hesitate to mention it, I just ask you include a phone number, Email, fax or whatever. Its sometimes hard to google the correct place and get accurate information. Thanks

Do you have a unit number on 9F/9th floor or only 9th floor? Most buildings have more than one unit per floor.

It’s a newer building. I wonder if anyone still lives there.

Sorry just what’s on that birth certificate.
I think somebody told me unit or building was for sale, not sure!

[photo redacted by mod]

Is it advisable to have these documents visible to the public?

I do not see any pertinent information on it.
And at this point I do not think it really matters.

Yeah, I’d tend to agree. if you’re trying to find a missing person you might as well release all information.

Things I do have are his passport number, ARC number and copies of 2 of his tax years the wife filed that I will not post on an open forum but will give to the police, which I am sure they already have in Taiwan.

One thing the wife said was that he is probably living in the mountains, can somebody explain that to me.

Ah, at last a lead. It would mean he’s gone bush in some sense. If you want to stay hidden in Taiwan living in the mountains is one way to do it. He might have some indigenous friends or have a teaching gig in a remote location. Taiwan has over 100 peaks above 3000 meters so there are many remote localities where you could disappear.

It could mean a couple things. One it could be living in a small town or village in the mountainous areas. There are many dead end roads to extreme remote locations and little small villages along the road. A foreigner would stick out like a sore thumb but the people in the area could also be somewhat disconnected so may not matter.

Or an extreme condition could be living off the grid totally in a mountainous area if he is that kind of a person.

I also mention this as a separate comment and situation. It’s still possible for people to pay for someone to transport to another country like the Philippines without passport or immigration. Lots of foreigners hide in the Philippines forever. I don’t know if that fits this situation but you did mention he has a history with the Philippines.

I wish you the best in finding your brother ! Not many disappear into the forest in Taiwan willingly though.

Taiwan has a range of mountains that run the length of the island, these areas have small villages, community’s farms etc. There are some pretty wild areas (as in unkempt not unruly), these are areas that if one had the knowledge and skill set you could in theory live of grid. The reality is a lot of these community’s rely on government projects, and make money from casual labour. As a westerner I wouldn’t see this as viable, also the more remote an area the more everyone in that area seams to know whats going on. There is always someone who wants to come and say hello, even if they are just being nosey.

I agree, we can’t confirm that that person would want such personal information revealed. It doesn’t seem helpful anyway.

1 Like

Does that seem like the kind of thing he might like? Or is he more of a city person?

But that’s a whole other can of worms. If DB is in hiding and doesn’t want to be found then the whole thread is questionable. Luckily he wasn’t a poster here otherwise the thread would have to be zapped.

Hypothetically, would be something to tell others in the hopes they cannot or won’t go looking for them if they came to foul play as well?

It could, but who knows. It might be enlightening to know if there was any good reason to believe it. There are people who I could imagine it for and people I definitely couldn’t.

I don’t see why we can’t talk about it, but personal information should be protected.